new weapon

trebor_armbreaker

I believe that pretty much anything can be made anything... so yes, it could be made into a blunt weapon... but as the pic looks at the moment, to me it would not be realistic. I think it would splinter and break if you continually used it as a blunt weapon, unless it was modified.

If I was going to make it something else... I think a smaller version could easily be turned into a Kama (a martial arts weapon... you can google search it if you aren't sure what I'm referring to), but it would still need a little tweaking from the original staff.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry for getting off topic (sorta) but seeing that picture REALLY makes me wish I was better at modeling. First reaper9111 releases the drawing of his sword which I utterly failed at even resembling, and now this wicked looking staff (at least that's what I would make it). There's just too many things to learn at once being a stand-alone modder. Scripting, Texturing, Modeling, Thinking, Modeling... eh, said that twice, ah well.

*sigh* cant we all just get along?

Indeed.

ihateregisteringeverywhere:

Lay off. That's two reports I've seen about your apparent harrassment. Best just to stop now, leave the topic and move on.

Consider this a warning.

AS (moderator)

Moderator Note:

A little thread cleanup.....now it reads as it should and is relevant to the discussion of the request and it's implementation by one willing to mod it.

Alienslof issued a warning, so let this be.

Buddah

Your Welcome trebor_armbreaker

and as I said, if I run into trouble after creating the mesh and textures, I'm sure that other modders will be willing to help see to it, that this is created.

I'll get back to making it now, as I'm less... distracted...

Thank-You, AlienSlof and buddah

Hey reaper9111,

I am working on it, and it's coming along pretty good I think. This one is complex, and it is taking me longer than I anticipated. I am slow, at modding anyway... lol, but I think the finished product will please most members. I'm enjoying making it, and have thought of some other interesting uses, for a design such as this.

I finished the mesh, and left the chains off so far. they look cool in the pic, but they will add a tremendous amount of vertices, which may cause lag. I have tried it out in the game, and it works nicely ~ I have no lag.

Here are some pics

I posted 5 pics.

I have not textered the staff yet, I'll be working on that now.

I just wanted to show you that I have been working on it.

David

This weapon was an original concept piece submitted by Li Li for the game Guild Wars.

so you might want to correctly name the original artist when you put this up on the site.

maybe: suggested by trebor_armbreaker, concept by Li Li, and created by David Whitefang