Stuttering FPS drop lag in game help

nikolina2

Hi guys i playing Fallout 4 but my game to much laging and dunno what to do. i have found some mods here on nexus about perfomane but that dint help my spec pc is 775socket

win7 64bit 10gb ram 1333mhz gtx 950 oc edition asus 2gb graphics cpu xeon 5450 quad core 3.0ghz ssd 180gb i have playing strogest game and work fine but this one kiling my pc ik to my cpu is a junk but any mod or something what rly could improve my fallout 4 or is not poosible.? Sry for my eng. is bad

Edited by nikolina2

list your mods, and i will see if you have any performance intensive mods, and likewise offer suggestions

heres a few mods that greatly fix and or increase performance

Boston FPS Fix Previs-Precombines: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26286 <-- this will mod will make a huge difference, if the performance issues is because of Broken Precombines (Very Likely, Downtown Boston). (Place at the very bottom of your load order) to give it maximum priority

Insignificant Object Remover: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9835 <-- removes a lot of barely noticable objects, likewise increasing performance, with minimal impact to visuals. (i dont know how much of a difference it will make, as i do not run it myself, but supposedly it is good for increasing performance)

Wasteland 512 Textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/606 <-- will make you game look like it was made in the 1990s, this mod will probably make a huge difference to performance if the issues is caused by insufficiant memory (which is very likely given your severely limited 2GB Vram)

aside from downloading said mods above, and dropping your in game video settings to low, their is not much you can really do, as your system is sub par in a gaming environment, let alone fallout 4 (which is quite demanding especially when you start throwing mods into the mix), both your Processor and GPU are severely limited. Processor more so due to it literally being designed for workstations, not gaming rigs.

to put it into perspective, an i5 2500k would absolutely smash that processor in a gaming enviroment, and she is pretty old compared to todays standard (still a beastly processor though)

should also bare in mind, that due to the severe lack of pc optimization for fallout 4, and its very old and fragile game engine, even Super Computers will hit a bottleneck in this game, so using anything less then a mid range computer is asking for poor performance.

the ultimate solution would be a system upgrade.

if you want recommendations for a system upgrade, let me know.

anyway with that said, the final conclusion is, your system + fallout 4 = incompatible.

Well, as already said, your main problem here is definietly the CPU and the also memory. 1333MHz is really slow as this game is extremely heavy on memory bandwith and single thread performance. I tested it, and in some downtown areas, it can even saturate my quad-channel DDR4 (duh!). People even get (way) more performance by installing faster memory/OCing memory while most games usually only get up to 5 fps more (or nothing).

Just curious: Is that a server board? I only remember these CPUs from the server area (have some old PowerEdge R710s laying around here where these CPUs were installed. I removed them for some faster ones. They are cheap - like 10$ on eBay).

The thing is, GPU wise you can always install low-res textures or lower the settings. CPU and memory is more like a hard limit. There aren't many settings that directly impact load on these components (except shadow draw distance). I'm not sure whether the game is playable/stable when settings uGridsToLoad=3.

So yeah. Your system is not simply not fast enough for that game. It's even below the minimum system requirements (https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/31148/~/what-are-the-system-requirements-for-fallout-4-on-pc%3F). And minimum usually means: very low quality, 720p (or lower) and 30fps (avg) target.

Fact is, your GPU as well as your CPU aren't suited for this game. I don't know what you mean by having played the strongest game, since it's very much dependent on the engine being used. For this game, far as I see it, you're below the minimum requirements.