Oblivion hates me.

Dovahshep

Not a lot to go on. Is this after you installed the game and tried adding a bunch of mods? Were you ever able to run the game? Was it a stable game with mods once and then you added some more? Details, details, details ... we need details. There are lots of ways to 'achieve' crashes. Edited by Striker879

Not a lot to go on. Is this after you installed the game and tried adding a bunch of mods? Were you ever able to run the game? Was it a stable game with mods once and then you added some more? Details, details, details ... we need details. There are lots of ways to 'achieve' crashes.

On my old laptop it worked fine, on my new pc it will go balck screen for a few seconds then say the typical "Oblivion has stopped working"

This is with all forms from vanilla to lightly modded to heavily modded.

Still not a lot of info to start helping you troubleshoot. All you're saying is "Oblivion doesn't work".

Some of the required details are:

1) Disk version of the game or Steam? If the disk version, is the the old original disk version or Game of the Year version?

2) Game version shown at the bottom left of the screen (if the game will load that far of course).

3) Version of Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) if used.

4) Operating system of the machine you're installing on, and location you're installing to.

At the very least answers to those questions allows a starting point for further questions.

Sounds like either an improper installation or a fatal conflict with your computer. Try reinstalling it, if that doesn't work, try downloading and using OBSE to launch instead of the Vanilla launcher, that may or may not fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not a lot of info to start helping you troubleshoot. All you're saying is "Oblivion doesn't work".

Some of the required details are:

1) Disk version of the game or Steam? If the disk version, is the the old original disk version or Game of the Year version?

2) Game version shown at the bottom left of the screen (if the game will load that far of course).

3) Version of Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) if used.

4) Operating system of the machine you're installing on, and location you're installing to.

At the very least answers to those questions allows a starting point for further questions.

1) Game of the year

2) latest update

3) same as 2

4) windows 7

if there is anything else you may want to know please ask.

Going by what I've read in here so far, I have a few questions:

1: If you could, please post a few more of your pc specs, namely processor speed (gigahertz), type of processor (brand), and the amount of ram.

2: what are your game's current specs? (how many mods, which ones, and the version number of any addons that you have. Just saying "latest" isn't really saying the version, since it might not be the latest anymore and some don't know what the latest version is. It'd be much more helpful to say the number of the version).

Did you copy the ini file from the laptop? If so, that won't fly. rename the ini file to something like Oblivion.old and the next time the game starts it will generate a new one based on your current hardware.

Don't even consider mods until the vanilla works perfect - you will just make it worse.

Here is a link to my basic troubleshooting blog. http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new There is no way we can post all of that info in the forums. :happy: