⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

A long overdue hello

DCOnline

Welcome!

Your avatar's attire looks good. Are you designing outfits as well? Splendid looking. What creation tools do you use?

I finally found some time to post to each of you. My avatar is actually my in-game character. I have several wonderful mods which I used including Apachii Divine Elegance Store, KS hair, Elegant beauty stunning eyes, etc.. I would love to eventually create my own clothes and such, but for now I rely on others who have put out some great mods. I've gotten pretty good with the CK and now I'm trying to learn TES5Edit, and Nifskope. :-)

I decided to see if I could muster up the memories to do modding again. I got the same mental pause at first; when I saw the first stage of learning to do it. If I had gone with the old duffer mentality; that some of the elders get into. I would have stopped there and seemed stuck in a stupid stare at it while it seemingly was overwhelming me.

Just like when I was a child, I suddenly realized; I was in AWE! I regained familiarity with the CK tools and began to ponder how easy it would be to get the mind engine revved up; to get the mental machine working smoothly.

Then I took a peek in my folders and discovered I had planned to study NifSkope. Just for fun I went to the GitHub page and found the latest version. While I was there I discovered a link to a webpage that the NifSkope creator has with version 2. all ready and able.

I can see you're going to have a lot of fun. Learning. I was having all the exciting creative thoughts swimming around my head while I spent an hour a day, relearning each of the controls for the Construction Set, for the last three days. I found UNP, CBBE, and body slide equipment, and clothing tools. More modern stuff that just razzle dazzles my mind.

I want more!

I'm going to nap now. I have a lot of dreamy ideas to view and I can do it much better letting the visions of sweet rolls dancing scrolling across my eyelids, when I am in my nap mode. :happy:

DCOnline, You have a Great time!

Nap time! :sleep:

Welcome!

Your avatar's attire looks good. Are you designing outfits as well? Splendid looking. What creation tools do you use?

I finally found some time to post to each of you. My avatar is actually my in-game character. I have several wonderful mods which I used including Apachii Divine Elegance Store, KS hair, Elegant beauty stunning eyes, etc.. I would love to eventually create my own clothes and such, but for now I rely on others who have put out some great mods. I've gotten pretty good with the CK and now I'm trying to learn TES5Edit, and Nifskope. :-)

I decided to see if I could muster up the memories to do modding again. I got the same mental pause at first; when I saw the first stage of learning to do it. If I had gone with the old duffer mentality; that some of the elders get into. I would have stopped there and seemed stuck in a stupid stare at it while it seemingly was overwhelming me.

Just like when I was a child, I suddenly realized; I was in AWE! I regained familiarity with the CK tools and began to ponder how easy it would be to get the mind engine revved up; to get the mental machine working smoothly.

Then I took a peek in my folders and discovered I had planned to study NifSkope. Just for fun I went to the GitHub page and found the latest version. While I was there I discovered a link to a webpage that the NifSkope creator has with version 2. all ready and able.

I can see you're going to have a lot of fun. Learning. I was having all the exciting creative thoughts swimming around my head while I spent an hour a day, relearning each of the controls for the Construction Set, for the last three days. I found UNP, CBBE, and body slide equipment, and clothing tools. More modern stuff that just razzle dazzles my mind.

I want more!

I'm going to nap now. I have a lot of dreamy ideas to view and I can do it much better letting the visions of sweet rolls dancing scrolling across my eyelids, when I am in my nap mode. :happy:

my goodness, we seem to have something in common..I do my best thinking while in that 'half-asleep' mode too! lol Your post brought forth memories of my own, as when I was first contemplating on diving into modding it was a bit daunting and I wondered if I could actually do it at all. Even though I've been a computer buff most of my life, for some reason modding always seemed to be out of reach to me. Now that I've gotten into it I wonder why I was so hesitant. Its tons of fun, and not near as hard as I thought it would be. I am still having some issues in a couple places, which is why I've not gotten anywhere near ready to post any of my work. But I will get it all resolved at some point I'm sure. In the meantime, I will have all the fun I can with it and strive to turn out the best work I can. Cheers and good wishes to you..

Welcome to the forum side of Nexus.

...um... trying to say something else,

but thoughts don't come easy when

I have a cold and my head feels like

it's about to pop. A much better welcome

from me will have to wait until a later date.

( that sounds lame... I'm sure a few trolls

will get a laugh out of it )

But, I do hope you enjoy your time here....

I hope you feel better soon :-) Thanks for the welcome..

I'm "...kickin' down the cobblestones, looking for fun and feelin' groovy...."

Ah, yes, much better now, thank you.

Really hope you enjoy your time at Nexus.

Some of us like it so much, we've stayed for years....

I have a feeling I'll be one of those staying for years too! LOL I LOVE it here.. :-)

Welcome!

I want more!

my goodness, we seem to have something in common..I do my best thinking while in that 'half-asleep' mode too! lol Your post brought forth memories of my own, as when I was first contemplating on diving into modding it was a bit daunting and I wondered if I could actually do it at all. Even though I've been a computer buff most of my life, for some reason modding always seemed to be out of reach to me. Now that I've gotten into it I wonder why I was so hesitant. Its tons of fun, and not near as hard as I thought it would be. I am still having some issues in a couple places, which is why I've not gotten anywhere near ready to post any of my work. But I will get it all resolved at some point I'm sure. In the meantime, I will have all the fun I can with it and strive to turn out the best work I can. Cheers and good wishes to you..

When I think of a good story line for a mod I dream with my eyes wide open. Even when I feel like drifting off to sleep, if I pick up the modding fever I'll dream along, putting the mod together like it was a dream. I find myself playing a game more often now occasionally, anymore, and realize I just spent the entire night playing past the witching hour.

I like Gary Wright's thought on dreams "I've just closed my eyes again; Climbed aboard the dream weaver train."