Any luck opening UPK files?

acky1

Will that also enable us to make mesh-replacers and maybe even add additional weapons/armors/perks, let us fly off with 10 soldiers instead of 6?

I mean: Is really *everything* possible to be edited after you´re done with your awesome work of awesome? :pirate:

Fantastic! Now we have to wait for a computer wizard to make a custom unpack/repack tool.

I mean a litteral wizard, not some computer nerd ;D

Hey, it's probably my bad, but I can't find anything in these files that looks like an animation file.

I got meshes and textures from my extractions, and you guys make no direct reference to it.

I think the PSK/PSKX files are the anims.

I am looking for the scripts. Supposedly a lot of the gameplay was just scripted according to the Devs. I was going to see if I can find out why all the collider issues are happening, but after examining all the files I got from Gildor's extraction tool, I have no scripts at all (just textures, materials, animations, and meshes). Has anyone had any luck extracting scripts yet?

@ Daemonjax - When I globally extracted the TGAs they came out full sized, so I do not know why your were only 64x64. If you are still having issues, let me know and I can send you a copy of my bat file for reference.

Has anyone had any luck extracting scripts yet?

You can decompile the scripts from the decompressed upk files by using UE Explorer.

The majority of interesting scripts are in XComGame.upk and XComStrategyGame.upk.

It sounds like you've already decompressed the files, but just in case you haven't, give this a read. There's also a link to Daemonjax's tutorial for editing scripts.

Edited by bokauk