ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Warspace Extension Discussion

BlackAlpha

@BlackAlpha - I'm on my first playthrough with your mod, using several of the second wave options. Can you tell me exactly what differences the Marathon option makes? I'm assuming longer research times and healing times, but does it also increase the cost of items like satellites? TIA.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BlackAlpha - I'm on my first playthrough with your mod, using several of the second wave options. Can you tell me exactly what differences the Marathon option makes? I'm assuming longer research times and healing times, but does it also increase the cost of items like satellites? TIA.

I recommend not to use any Second Wave options on your first playthrough. Some are buggy and some may affect your experience in a negative way.

Not sure what exactly Marathon does. It increases all times and makes things more expensive. That's all I know.

I finished working on the upcoming version. I'm now looking for people to test it. I need people to play it for a while and tell me what they think. If you are interested, PM me.

Also, I'm looking for someone who can speak fluently French to double check the French translation for grammar mistakes. If you would like to help with that, please PM me.

Edited by BlackAlpha

A few questions:

Can you modify the Council Missions? I don't know if it would be possible, but I recently finished a mission with the VIP killed and all the aliens dead. When I returned to base, the country still panicked and I didn't get any corpses. I think a much more logical option would be this:

- Finish the mission successfully by having the VIP alive and killing all the aliens and you get all the rewards from the Council.

- Getting the VIP killed and getting rid of all the aliens will just get you their corpses and not make the country panic, since there's no reason for them to do so. No other rewards.

- Aborting the mission entirely will result in panic in the country and no recovered corpses.

I also sent you a PM concerning your request.

Well I just completed a full game using your Warspace mod, and I have to say it was much more enjoyable than the unmodded game was. I have previously completed the unmodded game twice, first on normal ironman, then on classic ironman, both of which I found too easy beyond the first 3-4 missions. I also attempted impossible ironman, but found the RNG a bit too brutal in the first few missions to be enjoyable. Warspace made these early missions more enjoyable on impossible/ironman, and also made the rest of the game more interesting. I particularly like the addition of build times for production of squad weapons and armour. You really notice the difference when it takes 20 odd days to build the best items. The balance of the mod generally seems a lot better throughout the game than vanilla XCOM. I noticed I ended up doing about twice as many missions as in the two vanilla playthroughs, I think because UFO appearances seemed a lot more frequent. This may be because I had satellite coverage over every country, but perhaps a slight reduction in the UFO frequency would help given that I had literally thousands of alien alloys and E-115 before the endgame. Also, panic was never an issue for me even on impossible. Perhaps this can be addressed with some of the second wave options though, assuming they work. All in all a great piece of work - you have made a nearly game genuinely great to play, well done BlackAlpha.

A few questions:

Can you modify the Council Missions? I don't know if it would be possible, but I recently finished a mission with the VIP killed and all the aliens dead. When I returned to base, the country still panicked and I didn't get any corpses. I think a much more logical option would be this:

- Finish the mission successfully by having the VIP alive and killing all the aliens and you get all the rewards from the Council.

- Getting the VIP killed and getting rid of all the aliens will just get you their corpses and not make the country panic, since there's no reason for them to do so. No other rewards.

- Aborting the mission entirely will result in panic in the country and no recovered corpses.

I also sent you a PM concerning your request.

Not possible right now.

I am playing on impossible for the mob count. But the downtime after damage taken is IMMENCE. I am searching for a trainer, because 108 days wounded is just too much. Marathon on as well. Still 108 days.

Would you rather have your soldiers die? ;)

Edited by BlackAlpha

I could still use a few more testers to play through the upcoming version, which is ready, and tell me what you think. Please PM me if you would like to do that.

Also, the Spanish translation of Warspace is almost done. We just need someone who can fluently speak Spanish to double check the new translation for grammar mistakes. PM me if you want to help with that.

There's also translations left to do for the following languages: German, Italian, Korean, Russian, Japanese, Polish. PM me if you can speak any of those languages fluently and you would like to translate this mod.

Edited by BlackAlpha

Did you solve the Steam Offline issue?

Do I have to set the game to Offline mode every time I play?

Also, is there a way I can revert the Arc Thrower back to normal (i.e. not use the pistol slot). This is important to me, typically my Supports carry ATs in tandem. Sometimes they need the pistol to reduce the amount of enemy HP without killing them. In the early game I prefer to have both Supports with both ATs and Pistols. Mid to Late game once I have all the research credits, it doesn't matter as much since I rarely AT enemies.

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by Fanbus