Warspace Extension Discussion

BlackAlpha

Ingame you can check the following three things to see if the mod is working correctly:

- Throw a grenade at an enemy or your own troops. It should do 4 points of damage.

- Inside your base, build an item like a medkit or a weapon. It should take a few days to be build.

- Go to your base, click on "Barracks". There it should now say "View Operatives", instead of "View Soldiers".

Hmm, just tried the mod out, and while I can see the two last changes, when I threw a grenade at a mind-melded sectoid, it only did 3 damage. Weapons felt a bit weak too, with the regular machine gun doing 2 to 3 damage (again to sectoids). Is everything normal or did I do something wrong? I'm playing on Classic.

Install the mod again. Then make sure you start Steam in offline mode before starting the game. See the ReadMe for instructions on how to do that.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me how to change the time spent wounded and gravely wounded? I love everything about this mod but that. Ive tried looking around the directory and couldn't find it. Can someone please help me out? I just want to lower the time spent wounded. Thanks guys.

Are you sure that's what you want? You'll make the game extremely easy. Plus, you might end up loving the mod less. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have something to hate.

Edited by BlackAlpha

Can someone tell me how to change the time spent wounded and gravely wounded? I love everything about this mod but that. Ive tried looking around the directory and couldn't find it. Can someone please help me out? I just want to lower the time spent wounded. Thanks guys.

In the mod's core file,(I don't know what this mod uses, as I've been working on my own rebalance mod) but assuming it uses modpatcher, the .mod file or some such that it injects into the exe should be editable with Notepad or similar. Find the values:

BASE_DAYS_INJURED =

RAND_DAYS_INJURED =

And change whatever they're set at to something you'd prefer. (I personally have them set to 7 and 14, so that light injuries can get someone shelved for about a week, but the heaviest injuries can get people on the sidelines for nearly a month, if you really let them get beat -up.)

I just figured that out actually. It took me about 2 hours and a ton of looking but i found those exact values and changed them to 6 and 11. Im curious though, how these numbers are used?

What i did was, i downloaded the installer source, and went into the normal folder and opened the DefaultGameCore_t.mod file and changed those values. I then opened Inno Setup Compiler, and built a new exe, and just reinstalled the mod. It seemed to do the trick actually. One of my soldiers got gravely wounded ingame with the default values, and was out for 130 days or something like that. That was just way to much. If someone could please explain the values of BASE_DAYS_INJURED and RAND_DAYS_INJURED? Is the base days what the face value is for all injuries and the rand is the number that you get a random amount of added on? Sorry but im still new to all this. Thanks for your help so far.

I just figured that out actually. It took me about 2 hours and a ton of looking but i found those exact values and changed them to 6 and 11. Im curious though, how these numbers are used?

What i did was, i downloaded the installer source, and went into the normal folder and opened the DefaultGameCore_t.mod file and changed those values. I then opened Inno Setup Compiler, and built a new exe, and just reinstalled the mod. It seemed to do the trick actually. One of my soldiers got gravely wounded ingame with the default values, and was out for 130 days or something like that. That was just way to much. If someone could please explain the values of BASE_DAYS_INJURED and RAND_DAYS_INJURED? Is the base days what the face value is for all injuries and the rand is the number that you get a random amount of added on? Sorry but im still new to all this. Thanks for your help so far.

See here for how it's calculated:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/820524-interesting-upk-stuff-ive-found/page__view__findpost__p__6599308

Edited by BlackAlpha

I'm looking for people to help test the next version. It will include a new feature which needs testing to see if it doesn't make the game unbalanced. Please PM me if you want to help out.

Just FYI, looks like the latest patch on steam crashes with the mod installed. It was working fine yesterday,but after the patch today it crashes on start up.

New version is out! It is compatible with the new game patch and it includes some new things.

Two big changes are:

1. Abduction missions will now sometimes happen in countries that have a satellite. This should make the late game a bit more challenging.

2. Engineer discount bonus has been reduced. The bonus will now more gradually increase and it will provide less of a discount. So things will now cost more. You will now need more engineers to get a decent discount.

Then there are some minor tweaks. See the modpage for more info.

I'm looking for people to help test the next version. It will include a new feature which needs testing to see if it doesn't make the game unbalanced. Please PM me if you want to help out.

Just FYI, looks like the latest patch on steam crashes with the mod installed. It was working fine yesterday,but after the patch today it crashes on start up.

Thanks for reporting it! :thumbsup: