⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Warspace Extension Discussion

BlackAlpha

Antoher thing, the light plasma rifle is useless as it is. I think you should decrease its aiming penalty a lot, and its dmg a little. (So that it could be used as the plasma weapon of choice for rookies). Edited by Absoleus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New version is out. See modpage for more info. It contains minor changes and is compatible with the new game patch.

Thanks for the mod.

I find the idea of ​​rotation abilities are extremely promising. Especially if there are several rebalance. Was there any thought of the ability to "flash" to move to the class of heavy troopers. And the ability to "holographic label" open class support?

P.S. Sorry for the bad English. That to me is not the native language. )))

I thought about it and it makes sense from a logical standpoint. But I think the flush ability just wouldn't work that well on the Heavy. I think people will then completely ignore the ability because they rather choose the alternate ability. I think Holo Targeting is more useful on the Heavy and there's a higher chance people will pick that. So from a gameplay perspective, I think it's better to leave it the way it is now.

Antoher thing, the light plasma rifle is useless as it is. I think you should decrease its aiming penalty a lot, and its dmg a little. (So that it could be used as the plasma weapon of choice for rookies).

Done.

Edited by BlackAlpha

I'm looking for people to help test the next mod version. The focus will lay with a new installer.

I need testers to do the following:

1. Install the mod using the new installer and report back with how you feel about the new installation process and whether you ran into any problems.

2. There will also be minor mod changes included that are not yet present in the current mod version. Report back with certain feedback on the mod changes. You can continue your old savegames.

If you want to help out, please PM me.

Next mod version is scheduled for next Saturday. Maybe sooner, depending on how many people help out with the testing.

hello

after a PT im on a second one with a mod and i choose yours :)

but is this a bug or normal that soldiers, who loses a few healthpoints around 3 of 8, are 99 days injured? the lowest has 40 days :(

greez manti

If you lose more than half of the base hitpoints (not including the hitpoints provided by armor), then your soldier will become gravely injured and he'll be out ranging from 50 to 130 days.

What can you do to avoid this?

- Do not get shot. This is the easiest solution.

- Give him better armor.

- Give him all the secondary armors.

- Heal up the armor hitpoints when it's only the armor that got damaged but not the actual HP of the soldier.

- Keep wounded soldiers in the rear so that they don't become gravely injured.

Edited by BlackAlpha

love the mod. no offense to fireaxis but im wondering why they couldnt do this good a job themselves. playing with this mod makes me feel they (fireaxis) concentrated on the absolutely stunning graphics and made the gameplay almost secondary. unless they expected it to be modded but then why not be more mod author friendly. in any event, it has worked great, installed easily, and addresses a whole bunch of things i didnt care for in the original

i love the way youve set up the snipers with squadsight right away followed by snap shot but i have to admit im spamming snipers now like crazy. i will probably get hate mail for this but i think snipers need a tiny nerf cuz they are just too good. put a couple assaults in the front and three our four snipers behind them and youre shooting critters all over the freakin map. of course they arent great for the tight quarter missions but still ...

btw

i hope im not getting the mods confused with each other but i think your mod left satellite construction at twenty days. just curious why that was. it seems to me that if the satellite nexus is what fourteen or sixteen days that twenty seems excessive for satellites. with all the other logical changes here im wondering why that one was left as is

sorry if i missed this answer already

Did you by any chance increase the likelihood of a soldier panicking? I played a vanilla play and a soldier panicked from time to time.

But after the mod installation, I had several cases, where a soldier panicked after a squadmate was only hit (he wasn't even gravely injured, just a regular hit) and the panicking soldier was a Lieutenant no less.

btw

i hope im not getting the mods confused with each other but i think your mod left satellite construction at twenty days. just curious why that was. it seems to me that if the satellite nexus is what fourteen or sixteen days that twenty seems excessive for satellites. with all the other logical changes here im wondering why that one was left as is

sorry if i missed this answer already

I don't see why it should be shorter. I'm always up for suggestions, but sometimes I need a good reason too.

Did you by any chance increase the likelihood of a soldier panicking? I played a vanilla play and a soldier panicked from time to time.

But after the mod installation, I had several cases, where a soldier panicked after a squadmate was only hit (he wasn't even gravely injured, just a regular hit) and the panicking soldier was a Lieutenant no less.

A lieutenant? That's just the game being random.

im using the mod playing on classic level and reached the psi lab portion of the game. im noticing that the max Will new squaddies start with is 40. the last time i played Normal difficulty WITHOUT the mod the max Will of a new squaddie was 52. is that difference a function of the Classic difficulty setting or the mod?

im using the mod playing on classic level and reached the psi lab portion of the game. im noticing that the max Will new squaddies start with is 40. the last time i played Normal difficulty WITHOUT the mod the max Will of a new squaddie was 52. is that difference a function of the Classic difficulty setting or the mod?

The mod.