How do I find put mods in mod position with Oblivion Mod Manager?

Jimmakosjim

I installed Oblivion Mod Manager in order to set the priority of mods, but I don't know how to do this. The only thing that shows is a list of all the mods (active and inactive) I have. The only thing I can do I chech and uncheck them, run a conflict report, but I don't see how to put mods in mod position.

Note also, that when I open the programm a message says that I have a limited license.

Been a long long time since I used OBMM for anything but don't you single click a mod to highlight it and then arrow keys in the OBMM interface to move the mod up or down the list?

There is no option of drag and drop the mods. I got the OBMM from Nexus.

So you can't mouse-drag a mod from the list?

No I can't.

Been a long long time since I used OBMM for anything but don't you single click a mod to highlight it and then arrow keys in the OBMM interface to move the mod up or down the list?

I will try what you suggest. What's the interface?

No. I click, they highlight, but nothing happens when I click the arrow keys.

Well anything I used to know about OBMM I got from reading through the manual (accessed by clicking on Help ... the manual uses the standard Windows Help menu system to display).

- Edit - Had a look and I have the file obmm.chm (which is the manual in Windows Help format) in a folder I extracted the ZIP into (full path is obmm\obmm.chm if that helps). Here's a copy/paste from the first part of the Main section ...

The esp list:
The left hand panel contains a list of all active esps. They are listed in oblivion load order, with the top mod in the list loading first and the bottom last. When mods conflict, the mod which loads last gets the final say. (i.e. mods towards to bottom of the list will override mods above them.)
The checkbox next to the mod indicates if the mod is currently active.
Clicking on the name of an esp and either drag/dropping it into a new position or using the move up/down button allows you to modify the load order. You can also click on the mod you want to move, hold alt and use the arrow keys to modify load order.
Right clicking on the name of a mod brings up a menu which allows you to modify load order, activate/deactivate all esps or to delete the file.
The 3 buttons underneath the list allow you to edit the load order or to sort the esp list in a new order. Sorting the mods by a criteria other than load order wont change the order in which they are loaded.
- Edit 2 - If the OBMM user interface isn't working I wonder if your game install location (and thus the location that OBMM is installed) has something to do with it. If you have the game installed in C:\Program Files (x86) then UAC could be causing trouble.
Edited by Striker879

A picture tells more than a thousand words:

2097-1-1192807416.jpg

This is what OBMM looks like. Left-hand is a panel containing all plugins/masterfiles inside your Data folder in loading order, ready to be manipulated by enabling/disabling and moving up/down. Right-hand panel contains all OMODs you inserted into OBMM, ready to be installed/uninstalled/messed with.

Big difference to some other mod managers: The order in which the OMODs are shown here is most likely simply alphabetical and cannot be changed. OBMM, unlike some other managers, doesn't manage "install" order. This can only be maintained by uninstalling and reinstalling OMODs in order, if needed.

If you don't see this, then you're not using the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) but another mod manager we don't yet know the identity of.