Another collision question. CK crashing.

antstubell

What I wanted to achieve was to remove the floor from this object so that player can fall through and other stuff - floor gotta go. Not a problem just remove block and floor is gone. But removing the collision, have to remove entire object's collision which isn't an issue, makes CK crash wehn trying to import the mesh.

Workaround at all, am I doing something wrong?

I'm no expert with nifskope but it could be that another block is trying to refer to the collision block that you've deleted or one of the tri-shape blocks. I've just looked at a tent nif and that is certainly the case there. CK tries to load it, looks for the reference to the collision, can't find it and crashes.

Have you run the spells both sanitize and optimize? I always run through the sanitize spells manually, one at a time. You may find what's causing the problem. For the optimize spells I normally just use remove bogus nodes, combine properties and remove unused strings.

Another way of doing what you are trying to achieve would be to open a nif of something small that you can hide or one that has no collision, then open up your object copy each tri shape block that you want (the individual blocks not the whole thing) and paste them into the 0 node of the first nif. that way you won't carry over the collision. you could even edit the shape you want so that the original object is buried in the ground somewhere when you position your object in CK.

I've just done a similar thing with a snowdrift with no issues, either in CK or in-game. By the look of your shape you could then just add a pair of collision planes to mimic the pink shape and set them to L_Static in the primitive tabs.

A third thing to try is not to delete the collision at all but edit the bhkrigidbody for the nif. In there, change the collision response from SkyL_static to Sky_Lnoncollideable.

Edit: I just tried deleting the collision for that tent I mentioned, both with and without using spells. It loaded no problem in CK. I'm not trying to be rude but you are using an SSE nif, not a skyrim nif by mistake?

What's the nif? Now I know what you're trying to do I could tinker with it myself and see if I can get it to work.

I have long since completely changed the layout of the room where I wanted to implement this 'floor-less' object.

Your advice is solid stuff and I will refer to it in the future.

If it still is of interest then the object is...

DLC01\Dungeons\Castle\SmRooms\CasSmRmWall01.nif

Thank you.

no problem.

I'll take a look at it anyway, out of curiosity, just to see if I replicate the issue.

Edit: just done that. deleted the floor tri shape and the collision, didn't bother to use spells and plopped the new wall in a random cell no problem... strange. All I did was save the mesh in my test folder in data\meshes, then made a new static item and assigned that mesh.

Anyway, since you're doing it differently now, it doesn't really matter but its a bit odd. Good old CK: always throwing up weird issues!

Yes, weird. I know it was removing collision issue because it has happened before with other architecture objects. Maybe the version of nifskope is relevant. I mostly use NifSkope_2_0_2018-02-22-x64 Dev Version. But for making statics into moveable statics it just doesn't have the options to change bhkRigidBody > Layer to SKYL_ANIMSTATIC or Motion System to MO_SYS_BOX one of those so I have to use Nifskope 6 to do this.