Strange Signals with Strange Lights

saadus

That's the trouble with bringing up topics about ufos, aliens, or the paranormal in general - it's a huge target for ridicule. I've seen some strange things in the sky I can't explain but when I try to tell anyone they tend to respond with "oh right" then carry on with whatever probably thinking i'm on drugs or something :facepalm:

But I agree if you don't believe in the subject and feel like poking fun then it's probably best to not post because it is technically trolling.

Edited by Ironman5000

If the recording is an encrypted radio signal, then post-processing from a secondary probably wont decode it. Any words you hear, could simply be the noises playing tricks on your ears. Help me doesn't really sound like someone speaking.

The light could have been an airplane of some sort. It would appear stationary or slow moving looking at it from certain directions, then appear to speed up and zip away as it got closer.

My guess is possibly some military plane using some encrypted signal possibly one not normally used that has the unfortunately side effect of bleeding onto civilian channels. When you say radio, it could really be anything. Is it like a car radio, a CB radio, a scanner?

My guess is possibly some military plane using some encrypted signal possibly one not normally used that has the unfortunately side effect of bleeding onto civilian channels. When you say radio, it could really be anything. Is it like a car radio, a CB radio, a scanner?

It was a car radio if I remember correctly.

But yeah, what you said. There's a logical explanation behind it I guess, but still it's interesting to research.

• 3 weeks later...

That is so coolhttp://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

My first initial reaction would be... OMG Aliens! But I'd like to believe that there is a logical explanation to the light and radio interference. I take this approach to the paranormal, also.

I'd try and debunk it until there is no explanation.

It must have been exciting for you to experience this if it is... you know... a first encounter.

Hah, you guys are so funny. I'll try to explain what that is to you since I've heard it so many times that it just annoys me.

The strange light is a military aircraft, transport plane most likely. The creepy sound you recorded is not actually an audio signal, it's an encrypted data signal from a long-range radio. It's used to send and receive informations about current air trafic, to receive course corrections and to monitor the plane's position.

How do I know this? I hear it every day when I come to work and when I go home, I'm stationed at a military airport in Zemunik. Our pilots fly every day and you can always hear that sound when the plane comes closer, interestingly enough, it only affects the civilian radios. It drives me nuts :wallbash:

Edited by Werne

That is so coolhttp://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

My first initial reaction would be... OMG Aliens! But I'd like to believe that there is a logical explanation to the light and radio interference. I take this approach to the paranormal, also.

I'd try and debunk it until there is no explanation.

It must have been exciting for you to experience this if it is... you know... a first encounter.

All my life I've had paranormal stuff happen that sounds crazy but is actually the gods honest truth and this year has been the year full of them.

Edited by dunmermaiden