Resist Poison/Poisonous trap darts

kryten397

Resist poison doesnt recognise PTDarts as a poison and doesnt work.Cure poison

same, but i was able to get that to work by way of a Dispel with keywords flag on

the Alchcurepoison MGEF and adding the magic trap poison keyword.

Is there any way to flag PTDarts so that resist poison works?They are classed as an enchantment and have been unable to find a solution.If they were a spell i could change type to poison (spider spit for example).

I've never noticed that it doesn't work. It seems strange since the TrapPoisonFFcontactEffect has the resist value set to 'poisonresist'. Are you sure it isn't working? Looking at the script that goes with it, it will play the image modifier whenever the player is hit, regardless of how much poison resist they have. In other words have you tested it and seen the player health dropping over time even if they have 100% poison resist?

I'm having the opposite problem at the moment with a unique enchantment to 'poison' dwemer actors. Despite setting the resist value to 'none' and conditioning the effect on the enchantment to only work on actors with the 'actortypedwarven' keyword, all dwarven actors are still resisting it 100% of the time!

I tried it on a wood elf(50% resist) using trap in bleak falls barrow multiple times and it definitely doesnt work.Resist poison just doesnt seem to recognise it as a poison.The poison cap for player is 85%.NPCs can have 100%.I varied the damage magnitude of the trap poison/did the maths and it has no effect.

LOL i want resist,but cant get any and you dont want resist but are getting it all the time.Its a mystery.

Edited by kryten397

I'll definitely want to take a look at this.

I hate un-answered questions!

I sorted mine, by the way... i'd just been stupid. I had three separate poison magic effects and had assigned the wrong one to the dwarven poison bow!

This looks different.

I'll let you know what I find, if anything.

Sorry!

I forgot I'd said I would take a look at this.

Just a thought for testing, you may want to make it easier to calibrate what's happening if you make a new dart trap and enchantment. then you can seriously increase the damage the FFcontact effect has. You'll know pretty darned quick if it's working then by timing how many seconds your actor takes to die! Give it something like 15 damage for 60 seconds... should kill most players!

I'm just evil incarnate :devil:

I upped the bleak falls trap to 600 and it appears to be working.The darts knock your health down themselves which makes it harder to work out whats happening with the poison resist.Depends on how many darts hit you.

Thanks for the feedback,it is solved.