ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Oblviion CTDs onload in win7

Scyris

Hi there, I just installed oblivion, SI, updated to the most recent patch, then installed night of the nine and the other dlc's, well I have a problem.. the second I run oblivion it instanmtly crashes, Have not added any mods to it yet other than the offical stuff. Any idea what may be causing it? I installed it to C:/Oblivion as well, so its not a its in program files-type issue, UAC and such is shut off as well so its not that either. Any help be apprecated. Edited by Scyris

If you're getting the startup box and it crashes as soon as you click "Play Game" then it's probably a load order problem (assuming that you have a clean install).

Use BOSS to auto-sort your load order for you.

Already used BOSS still crashes on load, all I have is Oblivion, knights of the nine, shrouded isles, thieves den, wizards tower, orrnery, spell tomes, vile lair, Horse armor pack, and Mehrunes razor. No unoffical mods yet, wanted to make sure the base game works, what happens is when I hit play/launch OBSE, it starts to load the window for oblivion, starts to show the bethesda video.. then it just crashes. Tried without obse, and with, crashes both ways. I think it doesn't like something on my pc.

Also.. gonna download your knights of the nine revelation mod as well once I get this working, it looks good.

Edit: I got it to work, for some reason deleting my Oblivion.ini, then relaunching the launcher and redoing my settings made the game work, weird isin't it?

Edited by Scyris