XSHAPE

Daemonjax

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KNOWN ISSUES:

1) You'll have to run XSHAPE after each time you run modpatcher, since modpatcher undoes the changes XSHAPE makes.

if its of any interest... you dont need to re-run xshape if you use resource hacker instead of modpatcher (no idea why not, you just dont!) :thumbsup:

KNOWN ISSUES:

1) You'll have to run XSHAPE after each time you run modpatcher, since modpatcher undoes the changes XSHAPE makes.

if its of any interest... you dont need to re-run xshape if you use resource hacker instead of modpatcher (no idea why not, you just dont!) :thumbsup:

I asked dreadylein about that, and he replied that it just made more sense to him at the time when he wrote modpatcher to re-apply the ini settings to the original backup exe everytime you run it... not apply the changes to the current exe.

So, everytime you run it, you get a new exe... which is why the xshape sha hash changes go poof, and you have to re-run xshape.

It's still faster than using resource hacker. I still use modpatcher with a custom batch file which runs xshape after its done.

Edited by Daemonjax

So somebody asked earlier what does it mean when it returns with "Could not find the main class: Xshape". I'd like to know how he fixed it or what anyone thinks can fix this because I'm currently stuck! Thanks for releasing this btw daemonjax, even if I'm a total nub with unsupported modding...

EDIT

OK! Figured it out like the last guy. And this time I'll share what I figured out. I had set the path to java to the wrong java folder. I had set it to Java 6 instead of Java 7. Haha silly me. All good now I think. Learning lots of new things today! ;P

Edited by graaa

Sorry if this is already known....

When I try and add .upks with meshes in them to the config file, running the .bat gives me error 16

Also have tried the previous solution given for error 16 involving editing the .bat. It runs fine until I add Soldier_MaleKevlar_SF.upk to the config file, adding -v to the .bat causes it to give the information it normally would about the first 3 files, then when it gets to one with a mesh in it it gives error 16.

Also DaemonJax I have another question I was hoping you could answer,

When .upks that have meshes in them are changed, or even take out of the CookedPCconsole folder, nothing happens in game. Is this because whatever XShape does isn't being done to them? I would think that just taking the .upk out should at least cause an error or stop the mesh from appearing right?

Edited by Guest

shamelessly bumping this in the hope that Jax in his programming wizardry can shed some light on this problem

I'll look into it.

XSHAPE doesn't modify upk files, only the exe... So, it shouldn't care what type of upk file it is.

If you're getting error code 16, then it's not finding that upk filename in the exe.

Can you give me the name of the upk file giving you problems? Then I'll be able to get to the bottom of it.

EDIT: Ok, so it's Soldier_MaleKevlar_SF.upk... checking...

UPDATE: None of the upk files that end in *SF.upk can be found in the exe.

That could mean one of several things:

1) The game doesn't even use that upk at all

2) The game doesn't do any hash checks for the file, and so XSHAPE isn't needed at all for it.

3) The game handles those files very differently than other upk files, and XSHAPE would need to be modified to handle them.

So... Help me out a bit since I'm not currently set up to test mesh changes... is 1 or 2 the answer?

Edited by Daemonjax

I honestly don't know man, I'm trying to answer that myself. I'm afraid it might be number 1. The thing is that when I make a change in the meshes of the _SF files, it doesn't show up in game, so then when I try completely taking the file out, the game still runs. Shouldn't taking the file completely out keep those meshes from appearing in game? But if the meshes in the _SF files aren't used, I can't imagine where else the armor meshes would be pulled from.

Going to try changing the meshes in a few different SF files and see i can get anything at all to show up.

edit: I am positive now that it's number 2, the game does use the files, but they just aren't checked. So apparently XSHAPE isn't needed to swap meshes. Thank's for your help DaemonJax :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest