Oblivion is NOT working

inphase

Okay. Today I went out to buy Oblivion for pc. I went to my local Gamestop to purchase said game. They didn't have the disc version, but they had a digital download of The Game of the Year Deluxe edition. I bought that and they gave me the receipt with the code on it. I went to their website to download the game, but first I had to download their Gamestop app. I did that and entered my code and the game started downloading. When it finished I was able to click Play from the gamestop app hub. I did that and it brings me up to the Oblivion launcher http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/images/39424-1-1310744367.png . I click play on there, and then i get a pop up that says "Oblivion Goty Deluxe" and it says loading at the bottom left as if the game is about to start, but after that literally nothing happens, no error message, just poof everything oblivion goes away as if i didnt do anything. I cant get the game to start and its really frustrating. So then I get so frustrated, I install the unofficial oblivion patch to see if that would help, nope. Please help me, I've been working on this all day, and I really feel like I've wasted my money.

Okay. Today I went out to buy Oblivion for pc. I went to my local Gamestop to purchase said game. They didn't have the disc version, but they had a digital download of The Game of the Year Deluxe edition. I bought that and they gave me the receipt with the code on it. I went to their website to download the game, but first I had to download their Gamestop app. I did that and entered my code and the game started downloading. When it finished I was able to click Play from the gamestop app hub. I did that and it brings me up to the Oblivion launcher http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/images/39424-1-1310744367.png . I click play on there, and then i get a pop up that says "Oblivion Goty Deluxe" and it says loading at the bottom left as if the game is about to start, but after that literally nothing happens, no error message, just poof everything oblivion goes away as if i didnt do anything. I cant get the game to start and its really frustrating. So then I get so frustrated, I install the unofficial oblivion patch to see if that would help, nope. Please help me, I've been working on this all day, and I really feel like I've wasted my money.

yes i tried that i checked off all things unnecessary, like the official content.

I'm not sure what to suggest to help get your GameStop version working but I'd like to point out something you may not be aware of regarding it.

The GameStop version is the Impulse online version re-packaged/re-marketed by GameStop. That version will never be able to use Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) due to copywrite limitations. Many newer mods require OBSE to work. Something you may want to consider is using this problem as your reason to get a refund. The only version available today outside of used disk versions on EBay etc. is Steam. That version of Oblivion GotY is compatible with OBSE.

I'm not sure what to suggest to help get your GameStop version working but I'd like to point out something you may not be aware of regarding it.

The GameStop version is the Impulse online version re-packaged/re-marketed by GameStop. That version will never be able to use Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) due to copywrite limitations. Many newer mods require OBSE to work. Something you may want to consider is using this problem as your reason to get a refund. The only version available today outside of used disk versions on EBay etc. is Steam. That version of Oblivion GotY is compatible with OBSE.

I was unaware of that thank you. But that isn't my concern at the moment. I just want to get the game running mods aren't a concern at the moment, if the unofficial patch requires script extender then that may be the problem. I'll check.

Do you get an option of where to install the game with the GameStop version? It may be a Windows UAC issue preventing the game from running. If you can, re-install it outside of Program Files.

I don't see any mention of the UOP requiring OBSE on the download page. If uninstalling and then re-installing to somewhere like C:\Games\Oblivion is an option you're considering (recommended if possible) here's a link to Bben46's wiki article Oblivion reinstall procedure.

- Edit - Some more info on your system might help (i.e. desktop or laptop, CPU and video card).

Edited by Striker879

Do you get an option of where to install the game with the GameStop version? It may be a Windows UAC issue preventing the game from running. If you can, re-install it outside of Program Files.

Ok I got it working. Thanks for that link, it will help with future problems.