FasterVATS for Fallout 4

e1grey

There's a mod for FNV called FasterVATS. It shortens the time it takes for an enemy to get hit and die on camera when aiming with V.A.T.S. In the vanilla game It looks idiotic because when there's more than one enemy to shoot I just stand there and wait until each one of them dies in slo-mo, while his friends keep shooting me and I have to watch myself impassively eating bullets. I can (and, I'm sure, many other players can) shoot enemies much more efficiently in real time rather than in V.A.T.S.

I do have a mod that allows moving in V.A.T.S, so I can somewhat dodge some of the enemies' bullets, but the waiting between the shots is still there. It looks especially stupid when attacking enemies on the quiet. Like, why would you wait for them to spot and shoot you, when it's possible to kill them all in quick succession, Sam Fisher style?

Is it possible to make a similar mod for Fallout 4? Or perhaps it already exists but I can't find it because it doesn't have a self-explanatory name?

Edited by e1grey

heya e1grey. Yeah, I know what you mean. I mod out a lot of my guns to make it so that the bullet animation flashes by super fast, but I don't know how to get the death to hurry up. So they end up standing there, or doing what they're doing for a moment or two, then get the blood splatter, and then very, very slowly fall over. So even if nobody is willing to do all the editing, I'd surely like to know how to do it, for personal use!

It's an edit to the weapon itself. Or it's aim model, can't remember for sure at the moment, for the projectile speed.

BTW, you do know you can multi-target in vats? As long as you have enough AP for the shots, you can shoot as many targets that are within your VATS hit range.

Ok, just did a bit of searching. There's a modular mod, that affects what's called the KillCam (which is what we're complaining about) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1064 the mod is abandoned, but I don't see any posts recently, about it not working. I may search more for "killcam" or "kill" Later, when I have some more time.

heya e1grey. Yeah, I know what you mean. I mod out a lot of my guns to make it so that the bullet animation flashes by super fast, but I don't know how to get the death to hurry up. So they end up standing there, or doing what they're doing for a moment or two, then get the blood splatter, and then very, very slowly fall over. So even if nobody is willing to do all the editing, I'd surely like to know how to do it, for personal use!

It's an edit to the weapon itself. Or it's aim model, can't remember for sure at the moment, for the projectile speed.

BTW, you do know you can multi-target in vats? As long as you have enough AP for the shots, you can shoot as many targets that are within your VATS hit range.

Ok, just did a bit of searching. There's a modular mod, that affects what's called the KillCam (which is what we're complaining about) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1064 the mod is abandoned, but I don't see any posts recently, about it not working. I may search more for "killcam" or "kill" Later, when I have some more time.

The mod you linked to seems to do too many things, and the description isn't clear for me. It's not explained in plain words what each tweak affects, and what happens in the game. The videos weren't helpful either.

I hope it's not a weapon edit because it would mean I'd have to change values in all of the weapons including the mods I have installed. If it's a simple value edit in Game Setting, it would be great because I already have a V.A.T.S plugin from Better Locational Damage mod; I could just add an edit there.

Edited by e1grey

e1grey-

Ok, so I manually downloaded the mod, and extracted the contents into the folder that I DL'd it into.

I then manually CnP'd two of the .esp files into my data folder.

VATST_KCCAdd_KillCamOff
VATST_BulletFlyAdd_x3Faster

I started by enabling the KillCamOff esp.

Hopped on my cheat character, and headed out to the shooting range, to put down some raiders.

That mod works. It.... definitely works. Up to a point. There's two, well... 3.... issues that cause it not to work.

If you target more than 3 mobs at a time, it will still show the killcam on the 3rd mob somtimes, and the 4th mob always. And any mobs targetted after that. So it's got a limit of 3 targets, then it breaks.

Having to reload between targets, breaks it.

Rocket launchers. Yes, you can vats target with a missle. All 3 rockets showed the killcam. Soooo ummmm.... yeah. Missle launchers are completely unaffected by the killcamoff portion of this mod. Which is ok. I can personally stand to see a rocket go flying into somebodys face and watch it blow their head to smithereens, hahahaha.

I did test the mod with some crappy weapons that would take multiple shots to put down the threat. It doesn't matter how many times you have to shoot them, you only see them fall down in cinematic, if you have more than 3 targets, don't have to reload, and aren't shooting missles.

Ok, so after testing every weapon that I could think of, including a FAT MAN, I moved on with the other mod.

Ballistic weapons. I wish that I could have made a video of this. It was sweet.

Hit Vats. Target Three Mobs with my 50cal silenced SCAR. Bip, Bip Bip. I stay crouched 3rd person the whole time, three vapor trails fire out, first two hit the ground and are dead before the first shell casing hits the ground. DONE.

Automatic weapons, take a bit longer. Especially Gatlings. Mostly due to the auto animations involved.

Energy weapons. Vast improvement, but the crappy damage usually means you have to take several shots, which slows it down. But it's still very satisfactory.

Ok. Now. One thing I really DO wanna mention.

The Fusillade. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32114

With these two mods running.....

Thoomp

Thoomp

Thoomp

OOMG, I think I just had a childish accident!

It works. It definitely works.

e1grey-

Ok, so I manually downloaded the mod, and extracted the contents into the folder that I DL'd it into.

I then manually CnP'd two of the .esp files into my data folder.

VATST_KCCAdd_KillCamOff

VATST_BulletFlyAdd_x3Faster

I started by enabling the KillCamOff esp.

Hopped on my cheat character, and headed out to the shooting range, to put down some raiders.

That mod works. It.... definitely works. Up to a point. There's two, well... 3.... issues that cause it not to work.

If you target more than 3 mobs at a time, it will still show the killcam on the 3rd mob somtimes, and the 4th mob always. And any mobs targetted after that. So it's got a limit of 3 targets, then it breaks.

Having to reload between targets, breaks it.

Rocket launchers. Yes, you can vats target with a missle. All 3 rockets showed the killcam. Soooo ummmm.... yeah. Missle launchers are completely unaffected by the killcamoff portion of this mod. Which is ok. I can personally stand to see a rocket go flying into somebodys face and watch it blow their head to smithereens, hahahaha.

I did test the mod with some crappy weapons that would take multiple shots to put down the threat. It doesn't matter how many times you have to shoot them, you only see them fall down in cinematic, if you have more than 3 targets, don't have to reload, and aren't shooting missles.

Ok, so after testing every weapon that I could think of, including a FAT MAN, I moved on with the other mod.

Ballistic weapons. I wish that I could have made a video of this. It was sweet.

Hit Vats. Target Three Mobs with my 50cal silenced SCAR. Bip, Bip Bip. I stay crouched 3rd person the whole time, three vapor trails fire out, first two hit the ground and are dead before the first shell casing hits the ground. DONE.

Automatic weapons, take a bit longer. Especially Gatlings. Mostly due to the auto animations involved.

Energy weapons. Vast improvement, but the crappy damage usually means you have to take several shots, which slows it down. But it's still very satisfactory.

Ok. Now. One thing I really DO wanna mention.

The Fusillade. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32114

With these two mods running.....

Thoomp

Thoomp

Thoomp

OOMG, I think I just had a childish accident!

It works. It definitely works.

Thanks a lot for the info.

If it doesn't work exactly to a value, I should probably refrain from edits. I have a relatively stable game, and I'm afraid it might do harm.

Ok, I apologize. I shouldn't have said "breaks it". What I meant there, was that after targeting 3 mobs, the mod cannot control the kill cam. Which is the animations of the slow mo of the character(s) dying with the camera focused on them.

The mod doesn't stop working, or cause a crash, or anything harmful. You just get stuck seeing the whole, normal, SLOW, cinematic death of each of them after the 3rd target. Or with missile launchers used in vats. Or after you go through the reloading the weapon animations.

Also, since I installed the .esp files manually, I didn't have to through a mod installer that might install ALL the esp files into my game. (taking up load order, and then making me pick and choose which functions I wanted to use, with a description that isn't very helpful. Common with a lot of those types of mod packages).

So each of the esp files does act as a standalone. Aside from the AIO. (Which you don't need. It just has all the combined effects put into one esp). So each of them can be used individually, or in combinations. Ya just have to install them old school.

It's entirely up to you, naturally. But thanks for requesting. I probably wouldn't have tried this mod out, otherwise. I will say tho, that it's made the effects from the Gattling Rifle mod a lot less impressive. That gun has a HUGE rate of fire, and REALLY tears up a target, in the killcam. I do also miss seeing the whole "vats" head explosion with head shots too.

Edited by StormWolf01

Sorry to bum, [edit] That should be bumP[/edit] but I'm posting additional information about the mod I was discussing before.

I just tested doing an deactivation of the mod that we were talking about. And so far, I haven't seen any baking or bleed in effects from not having the mod active.

Edited by StormWolf01