[WIP] The Inheritance

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

May atom watch over you.

Thank you, I will be guided by the great prophet, Jack Daniels... ;)

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

All,

Production is moving along nicely. The antagonist is now entirely voiced and lip-synced. There have been a number of auditions for role #1, but I'm still accepting submissions until this weekend. A lot of the smaller parts are given out on a first-come, first-serve basis, so long as the acting is solid (nothing magnificent - I mainly want good levels and audio quality).

I also want to thank Capt Mitch again for uploading a guide for remedying the lip sync issue, long the bane of countless quest modders.

I'm also pleased to see familiar actors from NVBII returning to assist with the project, along with some new talent; all of them are contributing outstanding work, even with my arbitrary, punctilious demands. Thank you to all the actors - if scripting is the guts of a quest mod, then voice acting makes up a lot of the sinew.

I'm in the zone right now, implementing voicework and continuing to tweak the mod as needed. I plan to release the first version within two weeks. Godspeed, voice actors!

Guest deleted2159825

All,

I want to thank the community members who are stepping up to help with voice acting. There are some remarkably gifted individuals here at the Nexus. Thank you for your help!

As I've been shuffling scripts and recordings around the last few days, I've also been polishing up levels, adding notes, and most importantly, I finally made a crucial step for my New Vegas mods.

Beginning with The Inheritance, all my quest mods will be connected by the "SomeguySeries" esm, which contains a number of variables. I will likely patch NVBI and NVBII shortly after releasing The Inheritance, as there are dialogue options and scripted encounters that hinge on player choices in earlier plugins. I'm excited about the possibilities of linking all these plugins together, not least of all for clearing up any chronological discrepancies. Henceforth, NVBII will only begin when NVBI is finished, NVBIII after it, etc. I may even write in a few extra bounties for NVBII that relate to player choices in The Inheritance and Firebase Zulu, not to mention other potential mods. The possibilities are endless.

Of course, my ultimate goal is to eventually tie all the player's choices into a post-endgame mod, Just a Courier, set ~ 20 years after the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. That's just a daydream at present, though - the practical effect will be more nuanced dialogue, scripted/random encounters, and a greater sense of choices & consequences. I'm really eager to see all this come to fruition. In the meantime, back to voicework!

Guest deleted2159825

Soon as I get the scripts I'll put some time aside and get to work. I'll probably send you a few samples just so you can take your pick like with NVB2.

Awesome, I'm working on them right now.

Just FYI, for any community members wondering who Reebdog is, he's the voice of Doc Friday, Sergio, Dent, and several other characters in NVBII. He is a talented fellow, so throw some kudos his way when you get a chance!