Download problem

samadchaz

I can't download any mod now through the NMM

:(

I cant download any mod manually from any nexus site, don't use nmm, tried loads of files old and new from skyrim, fallout3, and fallout nv, all the same ....Tranferring file dialogue box up forever.....

worked yesterday. This applies to premium and non-premium servers....please help!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may want to look at the announcement on the front page. Seems there were some unexpected "side effects" with NMM.

And, I always do manual downloads. You may want to consider that till this is fully resolved, as I'm still seeing issues on the site. But, at least manual downloads seem to be working much better.

Yes, I know how you feel. I was getting ready to call my ISP and complain about the slow connection until I saw all the posts. And it appears to have been most of the user base from all the comments I've seen in various forums. My guess is that it will take a while to calm down, because there's all this pent-up demand from folks who could not upload/download for over a week. Also, if the older services used by previous versions of NMM have been turned off, then it should get better fast. Otherwise, it may take a bit longer.

For me it's now working a lot better than it did over the weekend, but it's still far from satisfactory. Downloads still refuse to start in NMM or give errors part way through and manual downloads still time out and go to blank pages. So while improvements have obviously been made, there's still a good bit left before things work as they ought to.

Tried to download 250 MB file and got only 15%.

Can you add a button to report incomplete downloads?

Perhaps first line of Downloding File dialog?

Perhaps "Are your downloads incomplete? Yes, No".

Would that reveal anything, I don't know.

"Reporting" it won't serve a purpose. It's not like the uploaded file was the problem or there was anything that could be fixed on file server side. It's a communication issue right now and they're already working on fixing it. It's not happening to everybody and not with every file, not even with any specific browser, browser version or operating system, and it's not a specific file server or a group of servers affected either.

If there was a report button, what'd happen is:

you try downloading it once, it finishes prematurely at around 15%, you report the incomplete download,

you try downloading the same file again, this time it goes through to around 30% and then aborts, you report it again,

you try the same file another time, this time it aborts at around 5% already, and you report yet again,

last but not least you give it a last try and it runs through the whole 100%.

What the staff will be left with is a bunch of reports for a file that itself is totally fine. Nothing was fixed while you kept retrying. You just got more lucky the last time and it went through completely. The reports you made the previous times it didn't succeed are of no use to the staff, as they're already aware of the issue of downloads "randomly" aborting half-way through and it is neither related to a specific file or a specific downloader, just a specific download "attempt", which either failed or was successful.

It might take you 100 tries to download a file successfully, but reporting all those 99 times where it failed will serve no information the staff could use to fix the issue any faster.

Just wanted collect info about incomplete downloads if that would

reveal anything. No report button is needed because the system

should already know when the download is incomplete.

I found new site/file which gives always (so far) incomplete download:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2010/08/help-documents-for-creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html.html

Try download "Illustrator CS6 (PDF)". It may be only this file

which failed. It failed 8 times before I gave up. Succeeded to

download the file just now. Mysterious.

Nexus and Adobe are now only sites which fails for me.

The problem with Nexus started 4 months ago; what broke it?

Why fixing takes this much time?

The question is not about who is lucky, but why Nexus file

transfers fail after so many years of successful downloads.

I don't understand why. And why people have to re-try the

whole 400 MB file? Fail-proof downloader would download

1024 next bytes (say) until success and stop only after

all are downloaded (the file size is known at start).

If the problem is not fixed soon, perhaps Nexus could

implement its own file transfer protocol.