Skyrim mods not as good as Oblivion/Morrwind mods

morrowind1979

First of all I would like to say I mean no disrespect to modder's with this post. I fully understand how hard people work to make mods and the time & effort they take and they are free to download. I fully appreciate all that. Now that being said is it just me or does anyone else think that in comparison to Oblivion and Morrowind mods Skyrim mods are pretty dull and boring? I mean for example why are there no mods for Skyrim like: Gates to Aesgaard, Warcry - A new dimension, Hentai Mania etc., Devil/Demon Races, dungeons with new custom tile sets/textures, new lands such as Elseweyr for oblivion etc, new monsters(not reskins/amalgams of vanilla monsters) that only add to the leveled list and do not replace vanilla monsters???

You aren't looking very hard...

Skyrim Monster Mod adds NEW monsters to the game

Moonpath to Elsweyr adds NEW lands such as you guessed it Elsweyr

There is a playable Daedra race which is pretty much Devil/Demon

I can't speak for Morrowind or Oblivion mods, that's before my TES game playing days. What I can say is that it's only been a year. The game is still evolving, mod authors are still learning how to do things. Give it some time. Once the game has stabled and isn't getting any more updates then the mod authors can go wild and make really awesome mods knowing that they won't run the risk of being broken with the next update.

You aren't looking very hard...

Skyrim Monster Mod adds NEW monsters to the game

Moonpath to Elsweyr adds NEW lands such as you guessed it Elsweyr

There is a playable Daedra race which is pretty much Devil/Demon

I can't speak for Morrowind or Oblivion mods, that's before my TES game playing days. What I can say is that it's only been a year. The game is still evolving, mod authors are still learning how to do things. Give it some time. Once the game has stabled and isn't getting any more updates then the mod authors can go wild and make really awesome mods knowing that they won't run the risk of being broken with the next update.

Skyrim Monster Mod replaces vanilla monsters not add new ones

Moonpath to Elweyr looks ok might try that out

Dremora Race is nothing special, pretty easy to do I can make dremoras playable lol, Skyrim and Oblivion have numerous custom demon races, Chimera & Ismelda Demon race, Abyss Demon, Blood Demon, Devil/Angel Race

to be frank, you're coming off as a little impatient and inconsiderate. I know you said no disrespect, but - like someone else said, ti's been a year.

There have already been a few released lands, and honestly l don't see the whole 'not that impressive' comment re the dremora being that...accurate.

As stayfrosty said, you're not looking hard enough. There are several monster type mods out already - more enemies is one, although it's more retexts and variations, and theres also critters running wild in skyrim (new mobs and retexts i think).

There are others too, i think, and a great many excellent quest mods... Thirteenoranges on steam is an awesome author in my opinion, and there are others.

First of all I would like to say I mean no disrespect to modder's with this post. I fully understand how hard people work to make mods and the time & effort they take and they are free to download. I fully appreciate all that. Now that being said is it just me or does anyone else think that in comparison to Oblivion and Morrowind mods Skyrim mods are pretty dull and boring? I mean for example why are there no mods for Skyrim like: Gates to Aesgaard, Warcry - A new dimension, Hentai Mania etc., Devil/Demon Races, dungeons with new custom tile sets/textures, new lands such as Elseweyr for oblivion etc, new monsters(not reskins/amalgams of vanilla monsters) that only add to the leveled list and do not replace vanilla monsters???

Arrogance and foolishness is what you denote with such a childish and uneducated post. You're dared to create something "new" and "good" with limited tools in a short span of time.

Your post IS disrespectful. You're wrongfully and negatively criticizing mods created by people who have no obligation whatsoever to please you and make your Skyrim experience better than Morrowind's.

The "newbie" title suits you well.

Look at the release dates of your mentioned mods, then compare them to the release dates of the games they are for please. Then realize how long Skyrim has been out and compare before making your judgments.

This.

Also, it may just be me, but it feels like the modding community is down a bit since Oblivion? I was not a modder at the time of Oblivion, but I've also heard people mention Creation Kit is much more buggy and difficult to use for many things compared to Oblivion's editor. These may have something to do with it as well. But as mentioned, the biggest thing is that the biggest great mods take time, and even though Skyrim has been out a while, it's not been out long enough for the bigger projects to finish. Also, as there are fewer and fewer smaller mods to create, more modders will be joining projects to create bigger mods. At least, that's what I think might be part of the reason.

Look at the release dates of your mentioned mods, then compare them to the release dates of the games they are for please. Then realize how long Skyrim has been out and compare before making your judgments.

This.

Also, it may just be me, but it feels like the modding community is down a bit since Oblivion? I was not a modder at the time of Oblivion, but I've also heard people mention Creation Kit is much more buggy and difficult to use for many things compared to Oblivion's editor. These may have something to do with it as well. But as mentioned, the biggest thing is that the biggest great mods take time, and even though Skyrim has been out a while, it's not been out long enough for the bigger projects to finish. Also, as there are fewer and fewer smaller mods to create, more modders will be joining projects to create bigger mods. At least, that's what I think might be part of the reason.

Yeah the Creation Kit is a nightmare lol only thing that seems to work properly is making new races, some monsters dont show up at all on teh viewer window. I am currently trying to "fix" a quest I am making but the CK keeps deleting my scripts and serveral of my quest stages and objectives for some reason unknown to me at the momement. When I test my quest with a save game at the start of Skyrim it seems to work ok, though if I play through the game a bit and then start my custom quest I cant get past stage 20 and when i re-open my quest in CK lo and behold my scripts and levels objectives have been deleted lol. They really need to do some work on this and release a proper bug free update.