BrimmerGAmer

Hello people! I was wondering if someone could help make my face as a preset for Fallout 4. I want to do a playthrough as myself but I suck at character creation/detailing. I know it's kinda stupid and wierd, but i've wanted my face in fallout 4 for a long while now. If anyone could help me out with it that'd be awesome thanks!

Heya Brimmer- Ok first let me say that no, it isn't weird to want your own face for you player character. At least I don't think so.

I myself am too much of a perfectionist, and spend entirely too much time trying to get faces to look "just right" in the CC and then get mad when they don't look like that, in the game, so I spend even more time on them. OCD maybe?

If you're not using looksmenu already, you will most likely want to get it. Because anybody who makes the preset for you will most likely put it up as a looksmenu .json file. Those are the easiest to make, and the easiest to distribute.

If you're using any mods that add to options in the CC, such as hairs, beards, eyes, etc.... you might want to post which mods you are using, for better compatibility.

If you're still working on this on your own, I might recommend a mod called Unlocked Presets. I have the bethesda version, but here is the nexus version. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24286 The files that would be easiest for your project would be the esp version "NPCs as plugins"

Essentially what this mod does, is that it allows you to add almost EVERY npc face as an available preset. That would really open up your availability of face shapes for you to use, ones that are closer to your own face shape.

Now however, this mod is NOT compatible with body mods that alter the body triangle. So what you'd need to do if you do this, is first build your face, then save it as a looksmenu preset. Then exit the game, disable the unlocked presets mod, then start the game up again, and load your preset from looksmenu into one of the vanilla presets, then start working on the character's physical build.