Project: Flintlock (WIP)

ghosu

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1x animated

1x rigid

ammo: 20 / 40 / 60 dmg (so the folks that always complain 'bout the low dmg can pick something that fits their characters that don't have a single archery skill :D)

But this time i only added the ammo with invisible bag like with the ammo addon - heard no complains 'bout the ammo addon so it's a good way to reduce the item amount, might get confusing when i add more stuff.

I send you the stuff when i'm ready, thx.

Edited by ghosu

Makes sense, after all the RIFLE, doesn't deal the damage, ammo does.

:biggrin:

Especially when talking about ol' school Blunderbuss.

Aye, I like the "Non-clutter" version, maybe make it so that you can replace the mesh with either invisible one or visible one?

Though I might just do it for myself, it's not that hard after all.

Aye, I'll wait.

I am at school at the moment, so it takes some time before I am able to test it.

Sending you the link now, things that should work:

- Blunderbuss (animated + rigid)

- Blunderbuss Amoo (20/40/60dmg)

- 2 sounds, smoke/fire muzzleflash, smoke cloud at impact

Known issues:

- sometimes the first shot spawns a fire/smoke effect at impact, don't think i can fix that, just re-eqip the rifle or save/load.

- muzzleflash sometimes out of place when you move, especially running forward - that's because the effect spawns in the moment you shoot, in this short time period you moved a bit forward and the effect is a bit behind, the effect is a bit in front of the gun in 3rd person but this is necessary to make it visible in 1stperson.

thx&greetings

Edited by ghosu

Okay, did some testing, here's results:

+ Sounds are badass and realistic

+ Effects are awesome

+ Sounds are really nice and work well

+ Impact effect is just perfect, smoky circle around the place where you hit

+ Tested the impacts in "slow motion" too, with Master of Time and Space

+ Animated version works as well, hammer moves and so, not so authentic, but great for those who like a bit more immersion

+ I just want cool-looking gun :biggrin: Removed the hammerthingy from rigid version to fit my tastes (Also, yes, it's quite easy to do for you who don't like it)

+ Textures and meshes are perfect

- Not sure if my graphic card is being noisy because of this or something else, I'd say something else, as it tends to do that. And I had tons of visuals going on at the same time. Fix'd, it was just because of problems on my end.

+ Doesn't bloat saves. Tested it too. (Though just small test, but still, didn't notice increased save sizes or anything)

- Only bad thing is the effect which comes when you first shoot with the gun, projectile seems to be "stuck" in air, though it disappears when you unequip the gun, gonna test this a bit more, as it might just be my PC. (Using some .ini edits and such), confirmed, at least I can't fix it on my end. Didn't test the save-load thing though, but it's not that big hassle. It disappears when you unequip the gun anyway.

+ Inventory icon for ammo is awesome, I started to love it at the very first sight. :wub:

I'll test it a bit more and edit this post with new info as I gather it.

Edited by Guest

Jeah, that's the bug i mentioned before...afaik not fixable so i can choose effect with bug or no effect, when it happens you just have to re-equip the weapon or save/load. Nice, if everything other works - other tester gave a positive feedback as well (except the bug of course) so i guess i can upload it. thx.