Project: Flintlock (WIP)

ghosu

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I never really post on message boards but i flippin' love the existing musket mod and am looking forward to this one sooo much. I'm a bit of a musketry nut in real life as well. The models we've seen so far looks a lot like a Baker rifle. I'd love to see the correct sword bayonet as an option for this bad boy. Also I'm curious if the frizzen is going to be a movable part? Right now it appears to be open and in that case, all the priming powder would fall out and the flint would not strike correctly.... Not trying to put anything down, i just want this to be the best it can be.

http://www.museumoftechnology.org.uk/nimages/A1104x_ex.jpg

The problem with moveable parts is that i'm limited to the possibilities of havok animation, what i want to accompish is to make the lock and the frizzen moveable - at least for 1stperson. But as already mentioned a thousand times - not that easy, we will see. Might add this sword bayonet when i'm finished and find the time.

Thx...so, current status:

1x Flintlock (animated) - of course the animation is still weird because of the modding limitations of the game BUT it looks better than nothing. Because of the mechanic of the animation 2 parts look out of place so i would recommend this version for 1st person - and this time you won't need an animation replacer, it comes with the original animation so it won't mess around with the crossbow.

1x Flintlock (rigid) - if you don't like the "weird" animation or prefer 3rd person i would pick this version

1x Bayonet (normal) - shorter version, recommended for 3rd person

1x Bayonet (long) - looks better in 1st person

1x Bayonet (sword) - works like the normal bayonet, looks good in 1st and 3rd person

Atm bayonets are listed as armor since they use a new/own armor slot - so they are just for looks.

I thought 'bout melting rifle+bayonet and import is as melee weapon - but this would be more a fun feature.

1x ammo bag - contains paper cartridges filled with rifle bullet and black powder

1x ammo bag (invisible) - would recommend this version to avoid armor clipping errors

1x Outlander's Mask - a Steampunk mask

(i guess the first release will come with the default version, hooded one in the next update - we will see, depends on my free time/motivation)

black powder + lead ingot + paper roll = ammo cartrige, to craft the flintlock you'll need a blueprint, all this stuff can be found in the Outlander's Camp and the cave below - this is just a little extra so i won't fine tune it too much.

textures: improved, sound: using the sounds from the alpha since they're still the best i've found so far - might look for alternates, more smoke (especially in 1stperson)

To do: ammo bag textures, mask fine tuning (weighting), fine tuning (especially for the camp) adding rifle to leveled list / guard / NPCs - this part might take a while since i have to learn how to accomplish that, i guess 2/3 is done.

greetings

Edited by ghosu