Project: Flintlock (WIP)

ghosu

Okay, thx a lot...no bayonet visible in 1stperson at all? Equipped rifle first and bayonet afterwards? That's strange...which race are you playing?

Now i just managed to fix the little things and add a hood to the mask an now you come along with such a terrible thing :D :biggrin:

http://666kb.com/i/c8tu1avmt69v7qc6p.jpg

Edited by ghosu

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye and i didn't add it to all races since i had no idea which are playable haha, just the regular ones you can pick from at beginning...i'm not playing much, just modding so i have no big clue 'bout that...i had vampire race checked before but then i unchecked it because i wanted to avoid possible bugs when adding it to not-playable races (you never know) will add it thx.

Will simply add it to all humanoid races...

Edited by ghosu

Looks like I am not the only one who says "Aye". :biggrin:

Usually starting my comments with that, don't know really why.

Anyway, this is not big problem, now that you/we figured out why that happened.

Also, the hooded version of the mask looks badass, I was already thinking that it needs some sort of hood to increase the creepiness :D

(Though I think I am going to switch hood to Apprentice Hood, I like the basic mage clothes so much)

Why's that all the great modders don't play much/not at all? :rolleyes: (I can't remember who, but I remember there was modder who made actually quite popular mod, but he plays on console instead of PC, so he just makes mods for others)

To make armors work properly, enable the basic races you can play.

That means:

ArgonianRace

ArgonianRaceVampire

BretonRace

BretonRaceVampire

DA13AfflictedRace (Optional)

DarkElfRace

DarkElfRaceVampire

DremoraRace (Optional, enable this if you want to be nice to those using playable dremoras)

ElderRace (Optional )

ElderRaceVampire

HighElfRace

HighElfRaceVampire

ImperialRace

ImperialRacevampire

KhajiitRace

KhajiitRaceVampire

ManakinRace (Makes it so that it's possible to equip item on mannequins)

NordRace

NordRaceVampire

OrcRace

OrcRaceVampire

RedguardRace

RedguardRaceVampire

WoodElfRace

WoodElfRaceVampire

Child races are pretty much optional. I have no idea how it looks like if you enable Daedric armors for children and give them such a things.

Sorry if some of this was self-explanatory/ helpless/meaningless :biggrin:

Already did it...dude, i'm not a total beginner - just lazy, and i'm sure i missed one :D

Jeah the mask is still a WIP, not in the mood to continue working on it but i needed a basic variation for this mod, will update it if i find the motivation.

Thx for your feedback, was very helpful. I'll wait for 1 or 2 more feedbacks before release and will record a video as mod preview. With all the little details how to adjust dmg/reload speed/sound volume and whatever to avoid a big sh*tstorm since you can't make 'em all happy :happy:

I played it through once but the main reason i bought it was that i needed an engine to learn modding...would be quite hard and extremely time consuming to create something myself from scratch.

Edited by ghosu

Yeah, I can believe that it's not so easy to make completely weighted and working mask. I could guess that hoods/things covering whole head are hard to rig and weigh?

Anyway, it's pretty easy to fix it afterwards if you put something in-game with correct paths and so. (So you can simply upload mesh "replacer", with right path and install it over the not-finished mesh)

Also, I totally forgot to mention the damage/reload rates.

I'd think it'd be nice to make reload a bit slower and increase damage? So it feels more like gun and not like crossbow with sounds :biggrin:

Anyway, I think the problem on damage might have been that I tested this on mage, Not archer, so I didn't get any of the damage boosts.

Also, I guess this has the Loud detection range? So you can't just sneak up on everyone inside dungeon and kill them without making other enemies nervous.

I'd say that's already nice nerf in exchange for bigger damage, don't you think?

As crossbows were supposed to be "loud but effective", but I can still sneak up on people and kill them all, one by one with crossbow without alerting others.

Maybe so that the first shot (Aka. Crit) is the most deadly? (When you sneak up on person, you will most likely kill him in one shot (unless it's bear, dragon or something with tons of HP)

Anyway, these were just ideas, you're free to do as you wish :biggrin:

Also, maybe it's good to listen other feedbacks before editing stats, someone else might think in different way.

I use the default dmg values of the crossbow because i like it best. The problem is: You can't make it right for all users, therefor i always post tutorials - in the Readme, in the file description, in the gallery and in the video.

This way even unexperienced users can change all important values in a minute, if they don't care enough then it's really not my fault. When i speed the reload time up some will like it because it delivers faster gameplay, on the other hand the rest wants it to be slower like a real musket with 2-3 shots / min - so i always pick the middle.

I might fine tune the whole thing afterwards, atm it's important for me to release the basic mod - to see if everything works as it should before i continue, and because of my state of health it might be that i can't continue my work for weeks. I think the current content is not that bad and quite playable, imagine i have to take a break for 2 weeks starting tomorrow - i guess playing this release is better than nothing in this time period :D

And once it's released i just fix the upcoming bugs and then take a break...cause when you give people a rifle they want effects and animations, then they want a bayonet, then they want scabbards, a quest, a whole new kingdom, more guns, a fitting armor and and and... :tongue:

Edited by ghosu