Vampires not attacking?

dogmeat1

Not sure if this is a bug or not & can't find the topic regarding this but vampires are not attacking me at all.

I am doing Lost Spire quest where I have to go to a Bloodvine (?) mine and clear out vampires there. But when I approach vampires in the mine,

1. They ignore me & do not attack right away.

2. When I talk to them, vampires have their disposition maxed out to 100, all of them.

3. Even when I attack one, the rest of them just stand there and do not react.

4. I go to different places with known vampire hangouts, they all react the same.

5. Also I notice that bandits ignore me but do attack my followers.

I'm playing with FCOM along with other miscellaneous mods. My character is level 20 btw.

Any help/input suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

PS

I just went to the mine with my old save (level 14) & they attack me normally. Hmmm.... There's a 100-hr difference between my level 14 and 20 & I don't want to replay 100 hrs again.

Disposition is controlled by factions and Personality attributes. If your personality is high then this may help cause them to be neutral, but more likely a mod has specifically made you friendly to vampires. I think Form Finder shows factions, but if you have any mods that directly affect all vampires then it is probably the cause. It's not likely FCOM, but any player vampire or vampire quest mods may be the culprit.

Posting your load order may help

Thank you for your reply. Here's my load order.

ESM

oblivion

underdark

cybiades

windfall

franc lev creature-item mod

franc optional new addon

oscuro

mmm

fcom conv

armamentarium

kvatch rebulit

cm partners

eyecandy

horsecombatmaster

knights revelation

ESP

TRoN

tnr all race

tnr shiveringisle

unoficial obliv patch

uops add changes

uop vampire age/face fix

obliv citadel door fix

dlc SI

unoficial SI patch

usips add change

franc creature/item resouces

franc opt stronger bosses

franc opt stronger enemies

franc opt more enemies

franc opt lev guards

fcom-franc

fcom-franc item addon

fcom-franc named boss

natural weather by max tael

natural habitat by max tael

improved signs

enhanced economy

droplittorch

streamline 3.1

dynamic map

dlc horse

dlc orrery

dlc vile lair

dlc mehrunes razor

dlc spelltome

eyecandy comp

dlc thieves den

bob armory oblv

fcom-bob armor

obliv warcry

fcom-warcry

OOO

fcom convergence

knightly armory

300 regal imperial city

aleswell homequeset

KRAGNEIR DEATH QUEST

kdq-rural line add

kvatch rebuilt

glenva castle

malevolent

scarlet monastery

the cremson queen

theforgotten realm

VAMPIRE HUNTING ORDER OF VIRTUOUS BLOOD

windfall

dlc frostcrag

knights

knights revelation

cybiades

Tears of fiend

ruined tail's tale

the lost spires

afk weye

fcom-kngihts

all unique landscapes & patches

kragneir death quest

bartholm

natural vegetaion

better dungeons

HUD status bars

improved flames

starX vampire death

RenGuard overhaul

obliv XP

sp 1stPLegs

CM partners

1em vilja

viconia

bashed patch

drsplatter

deadly reflex 6

ps

Recently I tried/uninstalled Morroblion and this was where I noticed the vampires with 100 disposition when I traveled back from Morrowind to Oblivion. Since then I uninstalled Morroblion.

Edited by dogmeat1

...<SNIP>...

bashed patch

That is not a load order, that is a list of names. Please right click in Wrye Bash and select 'View mods...' Then copy/paste everything, including spoiler/xml tags.

...<SNIP>...

bashed patch

That is not a load order, that is a list of names. Please right click in Wrye Bash and select 'View mods...' Then copy/paste everything, including spoiler/xml tags.

That IS the load order. I typed it myself from Wrye Bash mod order.. Only thing I didn't include were a couple of compatibility patches.

You should include everything. Conflicts can occur in the most contrived ways. Also, the method of posting your load order that Hickory describes is probably best. In fact, Kragenir's death quest appears on your list twice.

From what I see though, it's probably Vampire Hunting - Order of the Virtuous Blood. Try deactivating the esp then running up to a vampire ;)

If it's not the problem, then try some blanket deactivation - deactivate large groups of mods and try out the game. If the vampire attacks, start reactivating mods until it stops attacking. You'll know what is causing the problem then.

...<SNIP>...

bashed patch

That IS the load order. I typed it myself from Wrye Bash mod order.. Only thing I didn't include were a couple of compatibility patches.

Have it your way.

...<SNIP>...

bashed patch

Have it your way.

Thanks for your unique contribution.

For Hickory to make use of your load order for troubleshooting purposes it needs to be presented in the manner he asked for ...

Please right click in Wrye Bash and select 'View mods...' Then copy/paste everything, including spoiler/xml tags.

The reason why his method will allow troubleshooting while your's will not is that report will include all of the Wyre Bash specific indicators showing what mods have been merged etc. Your method shows none of those details. Now if you preferred to interpret your WB load order report and present a detailed description of that report someone may be willing to wade through it and see what's wrong ... I'm positive that person won't be Hickory (he may no longer even look at this thread after the latest) and I can tell you, while I may be good at explaining why you need the WB report published the way Hickory asked for it I am hopeless when it comes to interpreting load order problems ... Hickory is the man in that department.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

...<SNIP>...

bashed patch

Have it your way.

Thanks for your unique contribution.

What is unique here is your idea of a load order. If you want help, then put away your stubbornness and do as I have asked of you, which is far easier than typing simple names yourself -- I need to see actual plugin names, with no (and I mean no) exclusions, and as Striker879 points out, any Wrye Bash information. I didn't ask what I did for the heck of it.