The well has truly run dry for me

RitchieTheMerc

OK guys, I have seriously run out of ideas for Skyrim house mods. It seems that every aspect for housing in Skyrim has already been explored or created. So, I want YOU, people of Nexus Forums, to come up with a original, creative and fun house mod that's never been seen before. And, who knows, maybe it'll be appearing on the Nexus sometime soon...

TL;DR - Give me ideas for player homes in Skyrim.

A re-creation of the Private Quarters mod for Oblivion, that does not include mannequins or display cases in any shape or form.

Or that's my #1 wish in housing anyway.

That seems pretty easy, I'll look more into doing this, and await some more feedback from you guys on what other houses I could make.

Edited by RitchieTheMerc

I really miss Frostcrag Tower from Oblivion - actually more the model than the DLC itself,while Skyrim does have some interesting tower models there is nothing quite as good (imo) as the Frostcrag model.

So how about a dwelling for magic users in a remote location?

How about a tree house which is actually, ya know, up in a tree? (I've seen houses beneath trees, and I think inside trees, and among trees, but not up in tree branches...) Of course, you'll have to have some sort of branches you can actually walk on to do it properly. It would be cool to be able to hop-skip-jump up branches to get there, which means companions won't really follow you. Which is fine for me since I hate having companions :P

i'd like a small "jinn" (as in japanese for Genie) bottle to carry around with me. like a small magic house in a bottle. haven't seen that yet, nor have i really looked though. and not a port from i dream of genie plz. lol

a small but proper abode was what i had in mind. maybe one you could clip onto the back of a belt for show. (i was referring to the bottle here ---edit---)

---edit again---

with a persian theme i think. actual persian & not stylized for tv or movies persian.

Edited by Invisible Man

Why don't you make a house mod that is actually a dungeon mod?

The house part is not all that important or interesting, and can include the expected features, but there is a secret passage in the basement leading to a big giant 8-level dungeon full of powerful monsters and worthwhile treasure.

KI know it's been talked about before, but i'd love to see a cave styled home. if you have to use walls, keep them limited, with the idea that the interior is the actual cave. Place mannequins where the walls are, so they sort of fit in terms of atmosphere, and have the alchemy area in a sorta wild garden & so on... l'd reallly love this. Lol.