The shaming of non-premium users needs to stop!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, the nag screen every time we go to download something is tacky. That and the whole countdown before it lets you download is stupid. Seriously, premium should just be a luxury extra not a "stop annoying me" payment.

Premium, is a "Luxury Extra" that keeps this site running so the non-paying users can continue to use the site for free while complaining about having to wait for a 5 second countdown.

You're Welcome.

I see that the people who are paying for premium are chewing the people who don't pay out. First of all, GOOD FOR YOU. YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO THROW AROUND. But guess what? Not everyone can do that. Not every one has money to spare. Odds are most of the people (like my self), already have a subscription the have that they're already paying for and can't afford to be paying another one as well.

Not ALL of us have the cash to throw at websites to support them. Even if we want to, its not possible. Or maybe people don't want to pay for something that was free already. Trying to make people pay premium is stupid as all hell, and completely inconsiderate to the users who can't spare the money to pay for premium. Not everyone has enough to be able to pay for another monthly or yearly thing just so we can update the mods we use to play our games.

I'm sorry, but pushing premium like this is NOT how you get people to pay for the membership. By adding more steps for users to download something or making the download slower is down right stupid.

I haven't read any posts that chew people out for not paying. I've definitely read a few and posted a couple about the ridiculousness of being overly offended at some irritating new premium plug - which is admittedly annoying, nothing more - on a site that still offers FREE services. Nobody is making anyone pay for anything here, and no one is trying to shame anyone for not having the money to support. This site is still free to use with or without ad-blockers. Pretty user friendly really.

I will say again though, the screen that makes everyone feel like they've just been redirected to Rapidshare is a bit... dumb - but that's as far as I'll take it. If anything all this situation did was make me ponder on how much I've taken this site for granted over the years. I shared those thoughts through previous posts. If my own reasoning offends anyone... I don't know what to tell ya. Stitch yer britches up maybe... but that's meant more for comedic relief, not offense.

Guest deleted34304850

what feature was taken away?

The ability to download without additional screen. If you think this is an added feature instead taking away a feature well I don't know what to tell you.

can you still download?

i know i can.

maybe it's just me though, eh?

So far we've learned that...

1. People can afford to pay for an internet connection on a monthly basis

2. People can afford to pay for all of the $60 - $70 dollar games they want to mod

3. Those same People somehow cannot afford to pay $2 to stop seeing ads FOREVER, or cannot afford a premium membership, or cannot afford a one-time lifetime fee of $75, but want to dictate how the site they're using for free should accommodate them for free.

Complete definition of Entitlement right there.

To be honest, the nag screen every time we go to download something is tacky. That and the whole countdown before it lets you download is stupid. Seriously, premium should just be a luxury extra not a "stop annoying me" payment.

Premium, is a "Luxury Extra" that keeps this site running so the non-paying users can continue to use the site for free while complaining about having to wait for a 5 second countdown.

You're Welcome.

Oi, mate, as a Premium user, get your head out of your rear end. Just because you dropped a lump sum on this site does not permit you to be on a high horse.

Again, stressing this, AS A PREMIUM USER, what they're doing to non-premium users is pretty bad. I bought Premium because I respected the site, because I've used it for a long time and they didn't have any of this "HEY BUY PREMIUM" waving in my face.

If I knew that, a few months later, they were going to force non-premium users to wait and make it more obnoxious, I would've never given them my money in the first place.

Edit: Also, two things.

1.This site has had terrible, shady ads in the past. Users of the site should not be faulted for using ad-block, their trust has been broken, and I certainly would encourage using ad-block.

2.First time posting on the forums and holy cow these are terribly laggy/janky.

Oi, mate, as a Premium user, get your head out of your rear end. Just because you dropped a lump sum on this site does not permit you to be on a high horse.

Again, stressing this, AS A PREMIUM USER, what they're doing to non-premium users is pretty bad. I bought Premium because I respected the site, because I've used it for a long time and they didn't have any of this "HEY BUY PREMIUM" waving in my face.

If I knew that, a few months later, they were going to force non-premium users to wait and make it more obnoxious, I would've never given them my money in the first place.

What exactly is so terrible?

As it has been explained NUMEROUS times now, (that people keep ignoring) the countdown is to prevent people from SCRAPING THE SITE.

I.E. downloading ALL THE MODS, and posting them elsewhere

If you read the Forum Warnings, Bans section, you'd see that it is a problem.

Guest deleted34304850

anyone else notice that the only people defending the terrible UI change are the people who don't have to deal with it?

I have to deal with it - but you know what, I deal with it, and it makes not a jot of difference to me. wanna carry on being wrong?