Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

I'm glad to see that you are still here Desi. I think this mod is moving right along. It seems to be something a lot of people want to play.

well after yesterday and then this morning,some things came to a head.Hopefully I'll be left in peace.I'll help where I can. :biggrin:

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very nice idea. Imperial BlackOps...hmm...perhaps the player could be approached byan agent of the...

Legion

External

Assassination

Division

under the guise of...

Legion

Exterior

Aesthetics

Department.

Assassins playing janitors for cover, perhaps? Just thought I might put that forward.

Perhaps the story could be forked, for once? This would set the faction aside from most Oblivion faction-quests in that it's not so horribly linear. Make morality a question: Are you really willing to kill the foes of the government, or will you attempt to use your unique position to assauge some of the tyranny the Empire has exerted over the years?

Choosing the path of death, one could stamp out enemies of the Empire as their faithful lapdog, and be rewarded with a fat sack of gold and a decent haul of magical items to aid them in their future exploits, and perhaps a few weekly assassination contracts.

Choosing the path of life could give the player the option to spare certain victims (who might not actually deserve death, and are merely the victims of [blackOps] leaders' personal vendettas?), and eventually confront the leaders of [blackOps], winning leadership of the division and righting the wrongs of the despots of the past.

Also, from personal (game) experience, assassinations do get rather bland after a while if one isn't met with a truly difficult task. Take the acclaimed Assassin's Creed, for example. The ability to whip out a varied array of weapons and murder random high-ranking people was fun, but it was too easy, too repetitive.

A few quests purely on gathering information, via either persuasion or extortion, could be useful, and throwing in some "obvious-to-start, vague-to-finish" paper-trail quests throughout the quest series could really liven things up. Another contributor could be a truly stealthy op, in which the player must blend in with the court of a nobleman in order to murder someone or spy on some affairs, with factors of the "blending" including everything from the right clothes to a willingness to forego one's moral code to complete the mission, again bringing the concept of dual quest paths into place.

So, that's my input.

Oh, and Lisnpuppy, I'm happy to see a fellow resident of the city here on the Nexus. Small world, that. :biggrin:

Zeralesaar HI!!! I thought I was the only person in all of WV playing Oblivion! GOod to see someone else here also.

Sorry I was gone today guys but real life inposed itself into my more fun Oblivion world.

I am looking for a pauldron I can live with...heh

The sword looks really nice Aaron. Do you have Vista? I had all kinds of issues making things in Nif becasue of that.

I am working on some things and also an everyday outfit or the Black Horse Operatives to wear in their "day jobs"

I wanted something a bit different but still normal clothes. I will post pics when I get done.

Dezi...glad you are here also. Dont make me smack you. ha ha

OK then..

Examinis...I was thinking...I was looking at hte BHC basement today....can we add a room to make it bigger? Also I wonder if you could make the secret way out also connect to something outside the IC stables?

Just a thought.

Examinis...I was thinking...I was looking at hte BHC basement today....can we add a room to make it bigger? Also I wonder if you could make the secret way out also connect to something outside the IC stables?

Just a thought.

Not a problem, real life interrupted my day as well, I haven't done any modding today. I haven't looked at the BHC basement yet but I had already planned to make a new room. I'm almost finished with a hidden barracks under Horindils house near Chorrol.

Horindils/ Hindoril ...whatever

Very cool. I didnt think it would be trouble for an extra room.

:)

If you have a workable esp I would love to look at it..or you can take screenies?

I only have vista on the laptop which I use for the internet only.

I use Xp, the upgraded vista lol (Sorry nerd joke) for playing games and modding and all the other stuff I do.

I think I managed to do the texturing right Dezi but I think it was just the dissapearing body.

Sorry for the double post.

I had an idea that there could be an opposing force to the Imperial Black Ops.

A representative could approach you during a mission and say that you could join them and go against the Black Ops.

They could have white robes with a design on it.

Maybe something like a coloured hand with a symbol in the middle.

This could be on the back of the robes or on the front.

Just an idea of mine.

Sorry for the double post.

I had an idea that there could be an opposing force to the Imperial Black Ops.

A representative could approach you during a mission and say that you could join them and go against the Black Ops.

They could have white robes with a design on it.

Maybe something like a coloured hand with a symbol in the middle.

This could be on the back of the robes or on the front.

Just an idea of mine.

maybe have these people try to confuse you on your purpose...that you are not really doing the "right thing" at all?

FYI I am having to retype the quest outline thing as in my anger at my Oblivion crash and my Nyquil haze I deleted it.

Yes I am a dumb butt!