Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am uneasy about limiting availability of the mod to the infamy (as someone suggested) though some people have done this (LHammons did with his Lost Paladin mod) Bethesda does it with KOTN.

I want anyone to be able to play it.

However from a RP standpoint...a person who RP a good character..that maybe avoids the DB and Thieves Guild quest..this would be an option.

My characters usually have equal infamy and fame....I cheat if a mod makes one or the other a pre-requisit. I really dont roleplay. But I know people that do.

I happen to really like assassin type quest. I just think its funt o sneak up and put a arrow between someones eyes...issues for me? Maybe.

LOL

Heres a thought on the "limiting availability to infamy" have no fame OR infamy requisites, like in the beginning where it was if you have x sneak and x security you can join. OR have a requisite of combined fame/infamy like the Doomstones. As for weather this should be a good questline increasing fame or an evil questline increasing infamy I think that you should script quests so that if you accomplish a quest THIS way you get fame if you accomplish it THAT way you get infamy.

EXAMPLE: Your task is to capture the member of the Renriji Krin, a serious problem, as are one of the most powerful organized crime cindicuits in Tamriel, this particular member, as we have learned, is bribing local officials in the waterfront to allow him to smuggle moon sugar, skooma, and other narcotics in and out of the waterfront. We already posses one of the curropt watchmen, we want him alive so that we can interogate him and discover the watchmen that let this slide...Okay so you find him he is bribing one of the waterfront officials, as you approach the watchmen runs. 1(score + 1) is good 2(score + 0)s middle road and 3(score -1) is for evil (1: Incapacitate the Krin and run after the watchmen and take them both in) (2: Arrest the Krin but ignore the watchman for fear the Krin may escape while you chase him down) (3: Arrest the Krin, take out your weapon and cut the watchmen down to size, a begar sees you [1 tell him that you had to do it, there were no alternatives] [2: bribe him to keep him quiet] [3: Kill him as well, leaving no witnesses]) You take in the Krin (and possibly the watchmen) and learn the names of all the watchmen (5 if you didn't kill the watchmen) then you are handed all of their schedules and are told to eliminate them and make sure there are no witnesses. (1: Eliminate all of the watchmen in secluded areas with no witnesses and dispose of the bodies) (2: bribe the watchmen to continue smuggling the drugs and place it at a hidden location for you to pick up and make profits off of) (3: Bribe the watchmen to bring you the drugs that they had smuggled for the Krin and meet you near the Imperial Sewers' Southeast exit where you take the drugs and kill them all).

Now to find out if they gained infamy or Fame or both use a script like this:

If ConcienceVar > 0

player.modfame 2

ElseIf ConcienceVar == 0

player.modfame 1

player.modinfamy 1

Else ConcienceVar < 0

player.modinfamy 2

Endif

Ok roughly, you could change it based on how big of a quest it was to add bigger or smaller fame and infamy bumps. But you could set trackers to see how "Evil" you were in the prior quests that can influence future quests and ultimately your rank ie: grand inquisitor or BlackOps coordinator. If you ask me, I think every questline should be built like this, to an extent, that way DB quests can be more or less sinister, Thieves Guild quests that can be noble (ie: untaxing the poor) can have fame bumps, and you can be the SAVIOR OF CYRODIIL! badguy. Your faction would be kind of middle line, make of it what you will, taint it, or purify it, exploit it, or uphold it, which means you have limitless potential to expand this into possibly closer to oh say 10 factions, like suborders, ie: a curropt league of the BlackOps or a secret society sworn to purify it and keep curroption away from it. Stuff like that, the possibilities are limitless. I realize I'm posting this a little late but I would be honored to assist in quest or script writing for this (I'm not that awesome with Skope or texturing) Let me know if you would like my help :biggrin:

My earlier Post offered my services as a quest writer and scripter (and one converting to OBSE :biggrin: ) After looking through more of your 39 pages of suggestions and progress I noticed several containing something along the lines of "All this new equipment is awesome but we don't want it to take over the importance of the story and become the goal" and yet I have seen little posts related to the story. Here I also extend my services, I may not be the greatest of scripters but a writer, a writer is something I can do, 3 books under my belt (none published, maybe I'll try to get them published in a year or so) and itching to break out word just say the word and I'll get to work :P . ::cracks knuckles:: I leave for my mom's tomorrow and I'll be back in 2 weeks, if you don't answer by then I'll begin writing anyway (the sooner things get done the better), scripts...perhaps not until I get your answer, but I'll atleast begin writing your story.

My earlier Post offered my services as a quest writer and scripter (and one converting to OBSE :biggrin: ) After looking through more of your 39 pages of suggestions and progress I noticed several containing something along the lines of "All this new equipment is awesome but we don't want it to take over the importance of the story and become the goal" and yet I have seen little posts related to the story. Here I also extend my services, I may not be the greatest of scripters but a writer, a writer is something I can do, 3 books under my belt (none published, maybe I'll try to get them published in a year or so) and itching to break out word just say the word and I'll get to work :P . ::cracks knuckles:: I leave for my mom's tomorrow and I'll be back in 2 weeks, if you don't answer by then I'll begin writing anyway (the sooner things get done the better), scripts...perhaps not until I get your answer, but I'll atleast begin writing your story.

Lisnpuppy is working on putting together the story but I'm sure she would appreciate any help she could get. We most certainly do need script and quest writers, I'm just learning and Lisnpuppy doesn't know much about them either, or at least I don't think she does. I've managed to get a working script for a secret door in an earlier mod but can't seem to get it to work in this one. lol. Anyway, thanks for the offer and I'm sure we can use your help. We should have loads of stuff for you to do when you get back in two weeks.

WOOHOO! I can't WAIT to get started, I've already started typing up some story ideas (3 pages lol :biggrin: ). I'm very excited to be a part of a project this big, thank you sooo much ex. :thanks:

anything i can do? im bored stiff here hehe

Garrus

1) stop changing your avatar and siggy! ha ha

Seriously. Make me some NPC Imperial soldiers. I dont want them to look alike.

ALso Zephyr: yes please help and thanks. However I do NOT WANT THE ENTIRE STORY OUT! SO please PM me with large portions. I dont care if ideas get dropped here bu twould rather the entire story not be open as I think that will spoil the fin. I have some stuff also and ideas about how this wil go so dont be offended if I tell you I want things a certain way...I am a hard taskmistress. :)

Have fun and see you in 2 weeks.

hehe glad you like Garrus then Lisen!

and how many NPCS we talking?

Garrus

We are going to need alot but I dont know how many for sure to start...why dont you make me 10. Take your time. Nothing special as yet since we dont have all the stuff to put in their inventory. I just want them to look different. ALso at least 3 need to be females.