Looks like Patch 1.8 is out

ginnyfizz

@JanusForbeare

How do you go back to 1.7? As I understand it once the game updates that's it, there is no going back.

Which means for me that I have to wait for the CK to get updated. All my plugins included the update.esm file... Why? cause I thought it was supposed to be included to have all of the game's base data at our disposal when working on projects...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@IsharaMeradin: You'll need to restore a backup of Update.esm (assuming you have backups of your .esms). That's my theory, anyways. We will see...

EDIT: Nope, now the CK won't open at all. :wallbash: Going back to 1.8 version, then going to burn an effigy of Bethesda.

Edited by JanusForbeare

@ JanusForbeare i wish you luck and hope you report back here if could get it working, i unfortunately was not wise enough to save my 1.7 esm :wallbash:

edit: seems i should have waited before posting,. well that sucks man, they should really have an update prompt especially for a game like skyrim where modding is already a pain to get working, without the constant developer shenanigans :rolleyes:

Edited by veepirate

i'm having issues of my own, just moved to a new place and don't have internet for the most part. I borrow some internet from an unsecure connection down the road and updated cause I don't mod and dont realize that being in offline mode is a good thing.

I go to load up Skyrim and my game is literally stuck at the Skyrim logo, usually theres a small flash as my realistic lighting mod kicks on and makes things brighter (least I think thats what does that)

but now it literally just hangs there, no "Continue" or "Load" Just the Skyrim symbol hanging out in blackness

Guess this is karma for using someone elses internert to update my game.

Chatter on the Beth forums seems to indicate that there should be an update for the CK released in the (hopefully) near future that will make it compatible with 1.8. Why the two updates couldn't be released simultaneously beats the hell out of me, but I guess we'll just have to play the cards we're dealt.

@Ryaki: I read in another thread in the Beth forums that validating cache through Steam has helped some people overcome the issue you're having. However, others have had issues with that approach. Worth a shot, though.

Edited by JanusForbeare

Or get out there with the pitchforks...

I despair, I really do. And I wish I could trust them about this CK update, but I don't. I just have to wonder if they are going to do something sinister with it, like make you upload to Steamy Pile Workshop.

Or get out there with the pitchforks...

I despair, I really do. And I wish I could trust them about this CK update, but I don't. I just have to wonder if they are going to do something sinister with it, like make you upload to Steamy Pile Workshop.

that would be bad.... the workshop won't take ESM files.

I just have to wonder if they are going to do something sinister with it, like make you upload to Steamy Pile Workshop.

I have to admit that I had the same paranoid thought. I doubt that's the case, but the way things are going these days, you never know...