Looks like Patch 1.8 is out

ginnyfizz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick tip for those who don't want forced updates. Skyrim Unplugged with prevent Steam from updating your game until you are ready. Even if you set Steam to not update Skyrim it ignores it and does it anyway. This will prevent that and save a lot of headaches.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12744

So any feedback on 1.8? Haven't seen much about it yet.

ok, loaed skyrim.esm and the update.esm, my kit didn't crash.

i did get an error that said the exe couldn't load update version, but gave me the option to click "yes to all" and it continued loading and didn't crash.

I can still play just fine with the Beta version of SKSE.

Even though, when I launch, it does give me an error - but clicking okay closes the prompt and launches the game.

Game seems to run just fine, though it does not detect SKSE is running, so the scripts are frozen.

Which I am concerned about, but at the same time, I'm not exactly sure which mods of mine are script dependent besides SKYui. Which was working fine.

I only tried one other mod, an economy mod, which was frozen so I couldn't access the options. Other than that, I can't notice a difference.

Malev

i hope skse team gets the official build for the latest skyrim update soon. i suspect my combat scripts aren't working, easy enemies make me cry.

for those interested, i believe skse released a beta version for the latest skyrim ver 1.8 which you can temporaily use. i am using it now... skyui still works but i suspect a lot of things won't work correctly..

1.8 has a lot of new things behind the scenes in preparation for the next DLC, CK needs updated over it. Should've been same day, same time, but I highly doubt files will be Workshop only. It's just an update. Sure SKSE will be updated soon as well. Never takes long.

My SKSE beta is working fine and I set the ini for the Uncapper so that is allowing autoupdates, so that is fine too.

CK isn't fine and is crashing if I try and load my mod which has Update.esm as a master. Must try and dig up where I hid the 1.7 backup.

And of course I forgot Skyrim Unplugged when I reinstalled. Going to grab it now!