Creation Kit not saving properly

zurrgo

When I try to save my mod for the first time it is able to make an .esp file, but it seems that none of my changes save. If I re-open the file in the Creation kit, all my changes are gone. When the file is made, I'm given this Assertion error;

File: c:\_skyrim\code\tesv\bscore\BSTArray.inl

Line: 429

Invalid index passed to operator[]

I'm given the options to retry, ignore, abort. I can't seem to find a solution for that line error, specifically. I've tried re-installing the Kit. I've been getting it before the update. I cannot save anything after the creation of the file, either, and I'm not even totally sure that I can't save anything because of that error. It only comes up the first time I try to save.

If it helps any, I'm trying to get stand-alone warpaints to work. The files archive fine, but the .esp doesn't want to work with me.

Edited by zurrgo

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to reply I know this is a super old thread but for anyone that is like me and trying to search for an answer only to get this topic again and again. You can get around this by adding coloraverage - hit ok - it will give the error but if you hit retry it won't freeze and it will let you save. Then you can copy and paste the full colors from there and save.

• 6 months later...

I've been working on a mod for several weeks now, and I just received this error tonight:

Assert
File: c:\_skyrim\code\tesv\bscore\BSTArray.inl
Line: 1091
Invalid array

Unlike zurrgo, I'm not working with any character textures. This is a straight dungeon quest mod. The only custom texture I've added is through the "Paintings and Frames" mod assets (there is one painting placed in my mod). Everything else is vanilla.

When testing my mod (esp) today, I discovered that I was consistently getting CTD in the Dawnguard Arkngthamz exterior. The only change I've made is several cells away, just NW of Dushnikh Yal -- I added a farm house and had to customize the navmesh around it. Deciding to check for (an unlikely) navmesh ripple-effect in the surrounding cells, I added Dawnguard as a master file in CK. I discovered many navmesh portal edge errors in the Arkngthamz exterior cell. I've cleaned them up, but now the assert error is occurring. The CTD is also still occuring.

So that's a summary of my issue. I've been unable to locate any information about the BSTArray.inl file. While I'm fine ignoring CK errors, the CTD is end-of-the-road on this mod. If I'm able to find a fix, I'll post it here. I'm going to check previous versions of my mod as well as the errors thrown on a new esp.

If anyone else has encountered a similar problem and found a fix, advice is greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT (19Aug2013):

In my mod, I confirmed that the CTD events and Assert error are not related. I reverted to a previous version of the mod and have continued working.

* The CTD is the result of bad navmesh fixes. I allowed the CK to advise triangle deletions in the cell for Arkngthamz (tried both with the basic navmesh and the navmesh with Dawnguard loaded as a master file). Despite hand-fixing and repeatedly finalizing the rest of the navmesh, the portal edge errors remained. Since my followers track correctly over these areas, follow me across cells, and correctly zone into interiors, I will be ignoring the CK warnings for now. Other modders and the CK team have made clear warnings about navmeshes in outside cells: my advice to anyone finding similar CTD issues after navmeshing exteriors is to proceed with extreme caution.

* The Assert error loads differently with multiple loads in CK (this evening, I found one pointing at BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp). I've verified it is related to my use of the "Paintings and Frames" mod assets, since it occurs only when loading the interior cell containing the custom painting and because of similarly reported issues in the following thread (see explanation by HawkFest). It is not a critical error and does not appear to impact the mod ingame. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/836080-ck-error-shadersbslightingshaderpropertycpp/page-2

If anyone else has similar issues, hope all of this helps.

Edited by dysphorya

• 4 months later...
Well I spent 12 hours straight making 4 very large islands.... Then I went to save and that 12 hours was deleted in 12 seconds........... Bethesda I love you but can't you make something that is not part retarded? Unlike EA and Bioware you are not ran by mommies that are dumb as s#*! you are better than this..