Gamelander

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamelander, or anyone else who still follows this thread:

Check this out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44945/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D44945%26preview%3D&pUp=1

In case the link breaks, it's a 'mod' on the Oblivion Nexus called: Oblivirim - Xbox 360 Controls For Oblivion On A PC

I found an improvement from changing to the ini settings he posted in the description of the 'mod', so I think this guy may be onto something!

Anyway, just thought I'd post about it here to try and help anyone who may come looking. Mod was posted to the Nexus on 7-3-2014.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention: This 'mod' is for either JoyToKey or Xpadder. You will also need one of those programs for it to work.

This is also explained in the 'mod' description.

Edited by HareDeLune

Gamelander, or anyone else who still follows this thread:

Check this out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44945/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D44945%26preview%3D&pUp=1

In case the link breaks, it's a 'mod' on the Oblivion Nexus called: Oblivirim - Xbox 360 Controls For Oblivion On A PC

I found an improvement from changing to the ini settings he posted in the description of the 'mod', so I think this guy may be onto something!

Anyway, just thought I'd post about it here to try and help anyone who may come looking. Mod was posted to the Nexus on 7-3-2014.

Sweet, I just found this thread! I think I read this a year or two ago when I wanted to play Oblivion with a controller. It still kind of amazes me that Bethesda hasn't released a plugin or update that adds native controller support. I know it'd be a lot of work, but it can't be that hard for the team that made the game, and if they made that update in the GotY edition or something everyone would buy it! I'll give this a try when I have time and see how this guy's solution works.

Sweet, I just found this thread! I think I read this a year or two ago when I wanted to play Oblivion with a controller. It still kind of amazes me that Bethesda hasn't released a plugin or update that adds native controller support. I know it'd be a lot of work, but it can't be that hard for the team that made the game, and if they made that update in the GotY edition or something everyone would buy it! I'll give this a try when I have time and see how this guy's solution works.

I hope it works for you!

While Bethesda didn't implement a controller-based control scheme for Oblivion, they were very aware at the time they made the game, that people were going to want to play it that way. So, they put some advice for using an Xbox controller in the game's Readme, which is buried in the game files in the game's Data folder. That's the extent of their help on the subject, which you have to admit is better than nothing. Recommended reading, because it's always better to know every scrap of information you can get your hands on about any subject you're researching. :thumbsup:

Edited by HareDeLune

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I can't believe this thread is still being updated after all this time. When I realized that I won't find an actual mod or anyone willing to make one, I made my own custom Xpadder controller file; I had already done this with Morrowind before. This method is probably the most popular, as you can tell in this thread and others like it. Still, thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.
Also, thanks for the update HareDeLune, I'll definitely keep this link in mind. I was wondering, is it any better than most of the Xpadder profiles out there in any way? I'm asking because I've seen, and made, some pretty good ones. Granted, mine was a hybrid approach; it didn't require a keyboard and mouse, but using a mouse made things a lot easier when dealing with the menu system.
I've yet to actually play Oblivion, and now seems like a good time to give it another go.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but you can scroll through the menu with keyboard's arrow keys and with enter you can use them (i.e. equip a weapon). So for those using Xpadder/JoyToKey only, you can remap the walk buttons from wasd to arrow keys and space (activate) to enter and then change it on xpadder/JoyToKey. That way you can scroll down or up the list of items with left stick and equip/unequip/drink with A

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I've wanted a comprehensive Controller fix for Oblivion for a long time. I'm disappointed that an Xbox-like UI isn't an option, but amazed at the efforts made here to find a way to achieve the closest equivalent.

Does the Skyblivion mod offer a clue as to how to make "native" controller support possible? Skyblivion is a kind of remaster of Oblivion - its the same Oblivion base game, but using Skyrim's engine. That mod is still a long way from release, I understand. But is it possible to just carry the UI over without the rest of the Skyrim engine or the mod's graphical improvements? (Skyblivion will require the use of both Skyrim and Oblivion to operate.)

Hi all.

I've wanted a comprehensive Controller fix for Oblivion for a long time. I'm disappointed that an Xbox-like UI isn't an option, but amazed at the efforts made here to find a way to achieve the closest equivalent.

Does the Skyblivion mod offer a clue as to how to make "native" controller support possible? Skyblivion is a kind of remaster of Oblivion - its the same Oblivion base game, but using Skyrim's engine. That mod is still a long way from release, I understand. But is it possible to just carry the UI over without the rest of the Skyrim engine or the mod's graphical improvements? (Skyblivion will require the use of both Skyrim and Oblivion to operate.)

Hi Bizzquick,

I think that's an excellent question! I'd like to know the answer to that one myself. I think the best way to find out would be to get in touch with the Skyblivion team and ask them. At the very least, I think it is important to broach the subject at this early stage, as it otherwise might not appear on their radar at all. :smile:

Their home page can be found here: http://tesrenewal.com/forums/skyrim/skyblivion-development/6045

Edited by HareDeLune