ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Replace player voice with Link? (Legend of Zelda)

StealthicKhaos

As long as you get no direct help, i can give you a "rough direction".

1. Download an audio converter to convert your files to an usable Skyrim format (mod description and comment section should give instructions how to use it - it's too long since i used it myself, my memory is fading - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8303)

2. Open Skyrim, check Skyrim and maybe Dawnguard.esm, load.

3. Object window, select AUDIO => SOUND DESCRIPTOR - this category contains forms that are linked to the sound files.

4. Open the form you want to replace, you can preview the sound files when you open the form - the dragonborn shouts start with VOCSHOUT.

5. As example: VOCShoutDragon01AFus (first part of FUS RO DAH):

http://666kb.com/i/c8o6k3lkovse44lqw.jpg

As you see the sound file's window links to a .wav file, if you want to replace this one with Link's file you have to go to your Skyrim folder and create the same folder structure as shown in the form.

... Skyrim\data\sound\fx\voc\dragonshout\crdragonvoice\

And in this folder you place your converted sound file and rename it to the same name as shown in the form, in this case VOC_DragonShout_Dragon_01_A_Fus.wav.

Now the shout is replaced with your sound, to undo the whole thing just delete the folder structure and/or file.

Edited by ghosu

• 1 year later...
Well, there's a difference between taking assets directly from a game and making your own assets based on copyrighted ones. The problem is with the former because you are providing content that can normally only be accessed by purchasing the game to people who may not have bought it. Recreating things from scratch is allowed on the Nexus, although the copyright holder can still ask you to remove it as it's still their intellectual property. Generally companies won't go after people for fan-made works as long as no money is being made, but there have been a few cases where modders were asked to take their work down.