Bodyslide isn't making Body Morph files

LucidLady

Ok so, i'm currently using the True Wasteland Body. And i'd like to use the in-game looksmenu sliders. I've done this before with Atomic Beauty for sure, it's a simple enough process to get it working (I think...)

I understand that I need the .tri files for any outfit I want to manipulate with the looksmenu in-game sliders. (and yes, i've installed specifically TWB in-game sliders) And to get those files, you need to click "build morphs" checkbox when building outfits in BodySlide. I'm doing that. But it looks like no .tri files ever being made.

I'm really not sure why BodySlide isn't making the morph files, so i'm not sure where to begin.

You think the .tri morph files are showing up somewhere else? Am I understanding you?

I hadn't thought of that. I looked in the main fo4 directory and the Data folder, and can't find any of the .tri files though.

And just to make sure i'm not entirely off - am I looking in the right place?

Fallout 4 > Data > Tools > BodySlide > SliderSets

Heya LucidLady! Ok, take this with a grain of salt. I'm a newb when it comes to bodyslide, and it's file system. So I could definitely be off the mark with some of what I'm saying.

I just took a look at the files that are int he bodyslide/sliders files. Those are OSP files. (I haven't looked it up to see what osp stands for yet). But, opening one of those files, they appear to be slider control scripts. Not actual settings for outputted (is that a word?) files. Meaning, they don't look like files that would be created by the program itself, they look like files that tell the program how to work.

Here's a quick snip that I took of the file I opened in PSpad. (Notepad alternative that lets you open a lot of different types of files with just two clicks from the windows explorer)

417xE0Ni_t.jpg Click the thumbnail for a clearer view.

The tri files that I did find were all in subdirectories of the Fallout4 / Meshes folder.

Now, whether those are the files that came with the mod, or whether they're the files made by bodyslide.... THAT.... I have no idea. I could "try" to open them in the creation kit, since those are bethesda files, but if it does open, it still doesn't tell me if it's gonna be a distro file, or my computer made it. *shrugs*

But, hope this at least helps a little.

Hiding this to avoid confusion. I'm going in the wrong direction. -Storm

Edited by StormWolf01

Ah, you're right! The .tri files are in the subcategories of Data>Meshes. At least, some of them are. Not all.

That's definitely not where they were going before, when I did have the sliders working in-game. That's why I assumed the .tri files weren't being made anymore. And I think it's worth mentioning, after the previous person's post, that the in-game sliders were working when I was using the old NMM. I didn't really notice that I couldn't get them to work after switching to Vortex.

Well, now I -really- don't understand why exactly the sliders aren't working in-game. I must be missing a step somewhere? Maybe the .tri files are supposed to go somewhere else, but they're not making it there? I really don't know. I didn't do anything different this time than I did previously - it seemed like a simple process. I'm not exactly a BodySlide expert either, here.

[Edit] Ok, after building a Brotherhood of Steel Uniform, in Outfit Studio, and saving it, I now just automagically have a new folder, in one of my Data subdirectories.

C:\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\CBBE.esp\meshes

It contains tri files. That meshes folder had not been there, before this. I dunno if that helps or not.

Edit 2- I was watching a video, and remembered what you said about those files not being in the data folder before.

Go into your \Fallout 4\Tools\BodySlide folder, and hold down the CTRL key, and tap the A key to select everything in the folder.

Now, go into your data folder, and find Tools/Bodyslide. Open it up, and press CTRL + V to paste everything into it.

Either use the bodyslide.exe or bodyslide64.exe from that folder in data, or create a shortcut to it, and use that. See if that helps.

But yeah, for some reason, I don't see that bodyslide is actually building any tri files. And the only time that I'm getting my mod clothes to build to my preset, is when doing it in outfit studio. Which is just gonna be tedious as all hell.

Edit 3- After building the outfit in Outfit Studio, the uniform now conforms, and morphs with my character, if I alter it in game thru looksmenu. Whereapon, it did not work out so well before. So building the outfit manually, definitely helped.

Ok, I'm hiding this to avoid confusion. Disregard. -Storm

Edited by StormWolf01

Very interesting. I went to Fallout4>Data>F4SE>Plugins>F4EE>Sliders folder, and I have a folder titled CBBE.esp, as well as a folder for AtomicBeauty (which i've uninstalled), TBOSBodyTalk2LooksMenu, and TBOSBT2.

But I don't have a folder for True Wasteland Body (TWB) at all. And inside of the CBBE folder, there is no other folder. There is no Meshes folder in there. There's no Meshes folder in any of the four folders I listed. I guess i'll try just creating the folders I want myself?

Next you suggested copying everything from the fo4 directory BodySlide into the Data>BodySlide, but I don't have a BodySlide folder in my fo4 directory at all.

I'll try using one of the two BodySlide exe's right out of the folder, see if that does anything for me.

Hey again LucidLady.

Ok, from your very last post, I can see part of the problem. It was mentioned in the video that I was watching. Your mod manager didn't install your directories correctly and didn't install bodyslide in the right place.

That part of it, is actually pretty easy to fix.

C:\Fallout 4\Tools Right click on the Bodyslide folder there, and choose to copy it. Or click on it, and hold down the CTRL key and tap the C key, whichever you prefer.

Now go to C:\Fallout 4\Data\Tools and hold CTRL and tap the V key to paste it into that folder.

Oh wait... you're saying that inside the Tools folder, there's no bodyslide folder in there?

If that's the case, then what I'd recommend, would be to go back to the bodyslide mod page, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25 manually download the file to someplace like, your desktop, (And put up with that obnoxious DL screen that we've both been posting about). Then manually installing the mod by hand, but placing the contents of the Tools folder in the Data/Tools not in the Root Fallout4 directory.

Now, try running bodyslide from the data/tools/bodyslide folder, and see if it will build the folder structure that it needs.

I dunno if this is a factor or not, but also make sure that the esp for the body that you're using is active, and run the game for a minute or two (just trying to cover all the bases, like I said, we're both kinda running blind here, lol).

After that like I said, outfit studio created that other folder, with the tri files in it.

I'm not sure what's going on with TrueWastlander body, I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I wanted to get the hang of CBBE before I started getting deeper into the pit, lol.

Ok, that CBBE.esp folder that I have in my system, has the subfolders in it, that were created by a mod for adding advanced looksmenu sliders. There is a similar mod, listed in the requirements list for TWB. So that's where a lot of those came from. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41930 is the TWB version of the mod I have.

Lastly, and off topic. May I please have permission to just type LL as your name? Or just Lucid or Lady? I do a LOT of typing on these forums, with a broken hand. Can I please abbreviate?

Disregard this. Hiding it to avoid confusion. -Storm

Edited by StormWolf01

My dude, you can abbreviate me however you want lol

I know you're talkin' to me, no need to be so cordial. I mean damn, you got me feelin' bad what with the broken hand n' whatnot.

Oi vey... I swear I never had any of these mods/tools-not-working problems back before Vortex.

I'm getting a bit confused by what you're saying. You said you built the outfit in Outfit Studio, and that worked for making the .tri files? But how do you -build- in Outfit Studio? You can build in the BodySlide, but isn't Outfit Studio kinda separate?

Thanks LL! I really do appreciate it! :smile:

Nahhhh don't feel bad about it. If it wasn't something that I wanted to do, I wouldn't do it right? :wink: Tho TBH the most annoying thing about it is all the typos that I have to go back and fix.

Ok. Yeah. I was having big problems with this stuff not working. I could build build build and batch build over and over and over, and I couldnt get some of the mod clothes to take on my preset. This, in bodyslide itself.

So the other night, I decided, ok...I'm gonna try outfit studio. Now, granted, there's some settings in there, that are kinda confusing, like what to use as source, what to use as destination, and a couple of other things. Which no offense to the mod authors, the description on the DL page, doesn't address.

It is a seperate program, that also downloads and installs, along with LM, yes.

My example is a CBBE BoS uniform that I DL'd from here. My vault suit would take on my preset just fine, after I'd run the batch build thru LM. That BoS uniform would only take on my weight values from the regular body triangle. As would most (but not all) of my other mod clothes.

After about three tries of tinkering with those input and output settings, I finally got the outfit to work, after building the BoS uniform in Outfit Studio. For the most part, all I had to do was use/load my body preset, as the preset for the uniform.

However, until we get your installation corrected, I don't think that either of them are going to work like we need it to. So yeah, I think that your first step, is gonna be to extract the contents of the downloaded archive, and then move the contents into your data / tools folder.

Heh, tbh...I've only used Vortex once. Back when NMM stopped working, because of the updates to the nexus site. After that, I got rid of it. Pretty much everything that I do with this game, I do manually.

Disregard this too. Getting way off track. -Storm

Edited by StormWolf01