Crash in Vault 95.

HeyYou

I can get there, go down the elevator with no problem. However, if I shoot one specific gunner there, or, even if it don't, the game will crash to desktop. Instantly if I kill the wrong gunner, might take a minute or two if I just stand there, and hide from them. I have searched out this problem, found a couple mentions of it, (from 2016......) but, no one appears to have ever come up with a solution. I figured it was just a bad spawn, so, left for several weeks in-game time, then went back. Same issue. I checked with FO4Edit, and I don't have any mods that directly affect Vault 95, other than the official bethesda stuff. (not CC content, base game, and DLC) I had hoped I could simply disable the one gunner, and be done with it, but, identifying WHICH gunner it is, in the limited time I get, has proven problematic......

Anyone ever come up with a solution for this? Something obvious that I missed?

• 7 months later...

I don't know if it's connected, but I had a problem with Awesome Follower Tweaks: When I went down the elevator, ALL my followers, including ones I had dismissed showed up. Or, if I had slaves unassigned to other duties, they showed up too. Such a crowd of people could sometimes crash the game.

I really don't know what happened...... Since then, I have started a new game (or three....) and subsequent visits to vault 95 have been problem free. I DID update PANPC mod though, so, I don't know if it was one of the scripts from that mod causing it, or just some random snafu. I was able to visit there, and clear it out just recently, without any trouble at all. (aside from the HUGE population there........ thank you PANPC..... :) ) The main room off the elevator was fairly crowded. That was a fun fight. :D

I have sometimes played with this idea: Catch a bunch of slaves, train them up and give them weapons and armor. Go have fun and leave them standing around. THEN if you suddenly get called to defend the Castle or something, fast travel to the location, and all these armed slaves will show up with you! ("You and what army?" "Why, this one right here!") Haven't actually tried this though.

• 1 month later...

Found a sulution, well kinda, when you get out of the elevator, save, then find the gunner that is the problem, if it crashes when you do no problem, start from the save, its gonna be the same gunner at the same place. Now, open the connsoll, and use the "tcl" go to the gunner ***important, you have to open the consol before the gunner takes out its gun, can crash from just that*** click the gunner so you get the id on the middle of the screen, then vrite "setpos z 10" gonna move the gunner away under the world so its not your problem, you can now finish the quest

PS: a loot easier if you use the bullet time mod, *need "Mod Configuration Menu" for it* https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9325

Found a sulution, well kinda, when you get out of the elevator, save, then find the gunner that is the problem, if it crashes when you do no problem, start from the save, its gonna be the same gunner at the same place. Now, open the connsoll, and use the "tcl" go to the gunner ***important, you have to open the consol before the gunner takes out its gun, can crash from just that*** click the gunner so you get the id on the middle of the screen, then vrite "setpos z 10" gonna move the gunner away under the world so its not your problem, you can now finish the quest

PS: a loot easier if you use the bullet time mod, *need "Mod Configuration Menu" for it* https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9325

My problem was, there were a LOT of gunners in there. Probably two dozen..... truly difficult to pick out ONE problematic NPC from that crowd.