New Download Changes

solomonoftm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

i can't believe you're still here, still arguing for something that isn't coming back. if you were truly that put out after 14 years, you'd have deleted your account and moved on to the website where everything is free called grassisgreener.com, wouldn't you?

or, will you spend the next 14 years contemplating whether to leave, as you spent the previous 14 years scraping together the money for premium?

i can't believe you're still here, still arguing for something that isn't coming back. if you were truly that put out after 14 years, you'd have deleted your account and moved on to the website where everything is free called grassisgreener.com, wouldn't you?

or, will you spend the next 14 years contemplating whether to leave, as you spent the previous 14 years scraping together the money for premium?

I'm still here cause I enjoy this web site and am fighting to make it better, unlike you

oh and what suggestion was that, if it involves paying money to remove the annoyance then its not a solution

No, it's a legit solution, just one that you don't want to hear.

"if it involves paying money"

Welcome to life.

try me

I'm still here cause I enjoy this web site and am fighting to make it better, unlike you

If you truly cared about the site, you'd contribute to it by buying a premium membership instead of using it for free for 14 years.

You're "fighting to make it better" consists of you doing nothing except constantly complaining about something that was added to a) Prevent Site Scraping, b) Remind long time free users that there are better and faster download speeds with a premium membership.

You're entire "fight" is all about YOU and you only, and has nothing to do with 'fighting to make the site better".

The Nexus raised the price of being a free user, to having to see a popup screen and a five second wait.

I'll be honest. If i had the money to spend on premium, i absolutely would have done it by now. I've always enjoyed the nexus, and i remain grateful for the service provided by the site - the modders who contribute to it, as well as the business that provides the bandwith and framework to access those mods.

But I'm dirt poor. Even with government support, I barely make rent, eat an average of one meal a day - two on a good day - and rely on coffee and the occasional poverty nap to get me past hunger pangs and fatigue. Yesterday i had to spend the last of my money for the month - money i'd originally set aside to buy gifts for my friends and family for the holidays - on an uber after my ride to the airport flaked out on me. I am dead broke, okay? i can't even afford to eat on my own dime until my next check. a 2.99 per month subscription absolutely has the potential to overdraft my account on a bad month. I can't afford overdraft protection, and i certainly can't afford an overdraft. My situation may be unusual, but I highly doubt i'm the only one who is simply incapable of paying for premium - no matter how appealing you might make it, or unappealing you might make the alternative. There are a hundred other things i need to pay for and put money towards before i could ever justify spending money on a hobby. I wish it wasn't so, but that's how it is. It is, simply put, out of my hands.

I feel like i'm being punished for being poor. That's how this change makes me feel, you know? This hobby is one of the few pleasures in my life, and it just became twice as inconvenient as it used to be for me because the site decided they needed to punish those who for whatever reason weren't directly shelling out for their services.

Yes, i'm complaining. Yes, i'm whining. What other kind of response did you expect from this change? Was i supposed to be thankful for the new inconvenience? Was i supposed to pull the money out of my crotch to pay? Or maybe you think people in my position simply shouldn't be using your bandwidth. Who knows? I can only guess, because i haven't seen any communication from the site regarding this change, no apologies, no explanations, nothing. You already limit our bandwidth speed, which is understandable. You already monetize our traffic with ads, which is absolutely a no brainer. It's also very profitable, as anyone who knows about ad revenue could tell you. Meanwhile, Premium is already a great deal that continues to improve with every new feature you roll out for it. But now you're limiting conveniences your site has always had, and i can't afford to get them back. No, i can't afford premium, not even at 3 dollars a month. I guess i'll just have to put up with this new inconvenience, but you can't make me like it, and you can't keep me from feeling like the change is a massive - and unnecessary - step backward and a slap in the face.

Edited by sleepfrank

I'll be honest. If i had the money to spend on premium, i absolutely would have done it by now. I've always enjoyed the nexus, and i remain grateful for the service provided by the site - the modders who contribute to it, as well as the business that provides the bandwith and framework to access those mods.

But I'm dirt poor. Even with government support, I barely make rent, eat an average of one meal a day - two on a good day - and rely on coffee and the occasional poverty nap to get me past hunger pangs and fatigue. Yesterday i had to spend the last of my money for the month - money i'd originally set aside to buy gifts for my friends and family for the holidays - on an uber after my ride to the airport flaked out on me. I am dead broke, okay? i can't even afford to eat on my own dime until my next check. a 2.99 per month subscription absolutely has the potential to overdraft my account on a bad month. I can't afford overdraft protection, and i certainly can't afford an overdraft. My situation may be unusual, but I highly doubt i'm the only one who is simply incapable of paying for premium - no matter how appealing you might make it, or unappealing you might make the alternative. There are a hundred other things i need to pay for and put money towards before i could ever justify spending money on a hobby. I wish it wasn't so, but that's how it is. It is, simply put, out of my hands.

I feel like i'm being punished for being poor. That's how this change makes me feel, you know? This hobby is one of the few pleasures in my life, and it just became twice as inconvenient as it used to be for me because the site decided they needed to punish those who for whatever reason weren't directly shelling out for their services.

Yes, i'm complaining. Yes, i'm whining. What other kind of response did you expect from this change? Was i supposed to be thankful for the new inconvenience? Was i supposed to pull the money out of my crotch to pay? Or maybe you think people in my position simply shouldn't be using your bandwidth. Who knows? I can only guess, because i haven't seen any communication from the site regarding this change, no apologies, no explanations, nothing. You already limit our bandwidth speed, which is understandable. You already monetize our traffic with ads, which is absolutely a no brainer. It's also very profitable, as anyone who knows about ad revenue could tell you. Meanwhile, Premium is already a great deal that continues to improve with every new feature you roll out for it. But now you're limiting conveniences your site has always had, and i can't afford to get them back. No, i can't afford premium, not even at 3 dollars a month. I guess i'll just have to put up with this new inconvenience, but you can't make me like it, and you can't keep me from feeling like the change is a massive - and unnecessary - step backward and a slap in the face.

more or less in the same boat as you sadly, but in my case i would be homeless if i was not staying with my dad. and mently among other things i cant handle jobs because i cant handle them/ no way to get they even if i could work/ and easily would brake.. and yes i do have many disorder i was borin with..

Subscription? You can buy a single month of Premium with no auto-renewal. When it expires after 30 days, you automatically become a Supporter and continue to enjoy no third-party ads at no cost.