1.8 bugs & changes

slainia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: Creation Kit is broken till they release a 1.8 compatible update. Till then you're SOL as far as I know. Will update if they release a patch, or if a workaround is found.

Creation Kit has been updated.

So far it doesn't seem to be a forced auto update but a forced update upon Creation Kit activation.

Crap forgot to update this. hehe. Went straight into the ck when i heard it was up.

So far it seems like it's working fine for what i'm doing.

Can anyone confirm something for me?

Before, when you wanted to create an item people could pick up and put in their inventory, you needed to tell the ck what the inventory icon was (l think that's what i twas called) and the message icon. However, now, if i go to create misc items, i only need to pick the model instead of all 3? it's a lot easier this way.

has it actually changed, or have I gotten confused?

I must be thinking of something else then. One of the things I've been doing for my mod needed dds files... I swear it did.

Although it's possible this explains something i've been wondering about. haha.

I must be thinking of something else then. One of the things I've been doing for my mod needed dds files... I swear it did.

any nif files you might have would need dds files assigned to them... perhaps one of them?

Its funny and to think that BETH. has made so many patches that fixes things and breaking equally as many every time.

Best advice is to ignore bethesdas patches and install a Mod patch called unofficial skyrim patch from the nexus (Nice Job guys) Played for almost 80 hours before my first CTD

1.have not been stuck in the graphics yet.

2.only 2 cases of followers getting lost.

3.no crashes when dragon appears.

4.no misplaced markers.

5.all text in your quest journal disappears when quest is completed.

6.my followers have followed me everywhere (except certain quests of course) even player house mods and buildings.

If Bethesda cared more about their game than making money,Im sure they could have made one as good as this. But definetely worth a try.

Since you brought it up, it would be my speculation that Bethesda is allowing USKP to fix as many issues as possible so that they don't have to pay someone to do it. If they need to fix something in order to add something new then they'll fix it. It would be my guess that Bethesda plans to focus on the new content before finalizing the product with the last patch. The last patch being their fix to as many of the items they know about that the USKP doesn't already address and hopefully all or most of the ones that the USKP does address.

Now it might have been different if the USKP wasn't around, they'd then have to work on solving many of the game breaking bugs themselves.

One thing i think people miss when they talk about game companies breaking their products...

Play wow the day after a patch is dropped. especially with the 8-12-16 hour downtime. Then we'll talk... Lol.

yes pretty much. thing is i'm doing the same thing now, and only have one field to find the file path for. it's possible i might be thinking of the non-pickupable - wtf can l call that anyway? - items instead though.

i'm surprised no one's commented, but if you haven't guessed l pretty much have nfi what i'm doing with the ck. Not even sure why i'm doing it,b ut that skyrim feels empty to me. Lol.

Edited by slainia

One thing that I've noticed since 1.8 came out is that my knee has been sore. Damn you, Bethesda!

I think I'll go become a guard.

I haven't actually played the game since 1.8, so I don't have anything serious to add to this thread. Sorry.

Glad they finally released the CK update, though.