Survival Mod

Deleted919650User

With a real life strength of ten (ahh if only we had SPECIAL) you wouldn't be Olympian. The Olympians would look at you with awe...

Random idea. The more you make use of a specific stat (endurance, strength\etc), it kinda "Intense Trainings" it? I know its kinda silly, but heck. Humans work our strength up as close as we can to "ten", same with endurance, by jogging, weights, etc, so why not in game?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds awesome!

Being an ex operator of 15 years experience and too broken to do it for real anymore I am craving a game that allows me to play how I would do it in reality. What i would like to see is a system whereby I can only carry a primary (rifle, SMG w Grenade launcher?), sidearm, knife, a couple of grenades, maybe a single shot rocket launcher or some booby traps, a few rations and water for a few days, with some sleeping gear, wet/cold weather gear (in case get cold/wet - causes fatigue). A cleaning kit to keep my weapons working 100%.

It is a well know fact that you cant really run and operate effectively in combat carrying more than 25% of your body weight. Ever tried changing firing positions and assaullting withdrawing under fire for a couple of hundred meters. It is exhausting - read REALLY TIRING.

The end result is a game that forces you to really consider your equipment and load out. Prolonged exposure to the Cold wet nights can be fatal in itself. Not much point lugging around 1000 rounds of ammo if you're freeze to death before you fire your weapon. Better to use camouflage and concealment to avoid big fire fights and make every shot count.

Anyone looking to achieve similar aims has my support.

Yes i do realise it is a game

• 4 weeks later...

its a brilliant idea.

but there'd be one thing you'd have to add in, and that'd be disabling the "WAIT" system, since whenver it hits night, i just wait 10 hours untill its daylight again since not being able to see is generally quiet interseting.

while players can now longer wait they would be forced to sleep at night, making the whole thing much more realistic mif they choose not to go out at night

Archived