How does Nexusmods define: Ad-Free & No Ads for Mod Authors?

Glass1411

Hello Nexus Staff,

I would like to know how Nexus/Nexusmods defines: "Ad-Free" & "No Ads for Mod Authors"

The reason I am asking is because of the 2 new advertisements for the "Premium" membership/service that appear on download pages for members who have purchased the Supporter membership and for recognized Mod Authors.

I'm sure you're aware there are other members asking similar questions in other threads and it has been suggested that the Nexus meaning of these words/phrases differs from the meaning found in dictionary's and/or that the definition was always clear but that myself and others misunderstood it. Your clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You for your time,
Glass

Edited to insert links.

Edited by Glass1411

Non-premium members (i.e. free users and supporters) are seeing the banners informing them of our download caps, and they also get redirected to the new downloads page where they are informed of our premium option.

This is where the user experience is different for free users vs. supporters and recognised mod authors:

Free users have to wait 5 seconds for server capacity, and for ads from our ad providers to load in.

Supporters and recognised mod authors do not have to wait 5 seconds.

This is by design.

As a supporter or recognised mod author, you shouldn't be seeing ads from our ad providers anywhere on the site. if you do, please let us know - that is not intentional.

BigBizkit,

You are referring to what I see clearly as Commercial Advertisements (viewed with regard to profit) (Upsell ads if you are a member with Supporter status to be exact), as banners informing users of the download cap, so I wonder if we are seeing the same thing? If we are seeing the same thing, could you explain why I am being presented with the same options I had when I chose the Ad-Free Supporter option?

These screenshots where taken from one my mod pages.

There are 2 ads:

Ad #1 part 1 - This banner could be argued as just informing users of the download cap, but...

Ad #1 part 2 - Part 2 makes this a commercial advertisement and Upsell ad to Supporters.

Ad # 2 part 1 - Part 1 of this ad is attached to the download links themselves.

Ad # 2 part 2 - This is a full page ad that adds an extra step to the download process.

Ad # 2 part 3 - Take you back to the Nexus Store.

Corrected spelling error.

Edit 2 better image of Ad #2 part 2

Edited by Glass1411

Hello again BigBizkit,

I noticed that you did not my answer original question and I didn't clarify why I was asking for a definition to those words in my reply, but understanding exactly what Nexus means in the following is extremely important

1) In the post you made announcing Donation Points Stats and No Ads for Mod Authors you said the following: (Screenshot)

No more Ads for Mod Authors

In a similar vein, we recently implemented a change to the way advertisements are delivered on our site to include mod authors in the �ad-free� group. In other words: in addition to Premium members and supporters, recognised mod authors will no longer see ads on the site.

This effectively means that if you have released at least one mod with 1,000 unique downloads or more, or several mods that have been downloaded 1,000 times in total, you will no longer be seeing ads on the site. This will be irrespective of whether you are a supporter or Premium member of the site.

This is another small way in which we can give back to the people who are doing their part in making our modding community what it is.

With that being said, thank you to all the mod authors, and happy modding!

--------------------------------------------

2) Supporter Memberships says: (Screenshot)

A one-off lifetime fee to become a Supporter of the Nexus sites. Valid on all Nexus sites, current and future. Supporter membership gives you an ad-free experience on all Nexus sites, as well as increased Private message capacity and access to the Supporter's image share section.

Please note: Supporters are not Premium Members and if you want to become a Premium Member then please pick one of the Premium Member packages.

Premium members automatically become lifetime Supporters after their premium membership has expired. So for £1.70 more you can get a month of Premium Membership AND lifetime supporter membership.

Tax
Please be aware we are obligated by law to charge VAT to EU citizens based on your local tax rate. If you are an EU resident the total price at the end of the checkout process will be shown inclusive of tax. We cannot show you how much the package will be inclusive of tax (for obvious reasons) until you let us know what country you're from during step 2 of the purchasing process. We apologise that this isn't particularly clear.

--------------------------------------------

3) The new ad page / register membership page says: (Screenshot)

No adverts on the website

As you can see 3 very similarly worded ads/announcements made by Nexus, 2 which requires a purchase.

If you could or someone else could explain the difference in "Ad-Free", "No More Ads for Mod Authors" and "No Adverts" or point me to where this difference is explained I would be greatly appreciated it.

Thank You again for your time

Corrected spelling.

Removed off topic question.

Edited by Glass1411