True Fallout Weapons

TheNexxusOne

The exploding cars are kinda stupid. It doesn't make sense, and they would have made for better fire fights if they could be used for cover. The Fat Man is kinda stupid, but I've never used it or been shot by it, so whatever..

It does feel like they've gone over the top, trying to pound in the 1950's thing. I don't like the energy weapons either. I mean, a boring square laser gun? Poo. I was really looking forward to it until I saw one. I don't like the silly looking plasma gun either, but at least it's not a rectangle with a trigger. the plasma effect is pretty cool too. I had hoped for something looking like the original combat shotgun, because it looked sweet, but this one is sorta so so. The super sledge seems too complicated, and not very powerful, but I do like the new power fist, and the Shiskabab.

I really, really miss my gause rifle! I wish you could change firing modes on some of the weapons too. The assault rifles are sorta crappy, if you're close enough to do good damage, you're better off in melee, and you can't go single shot and snipe... If that could be changed, it would be one of the single best mods I could think of.

The exploding cars are kinda stupid. It doesn't make sense, and they would have made for better fire fights if they could be used for cover. The Fat Man is kinda stupid, but I've never used it or been shot by it, so whatever..

It does feel like they've gone over the top, trying to pound in the 1950's thing. I don't like the energy weapons either. I mean, a boring square laser gun? Poo. I was really looking forward to it until I saw one. I don't like the silly looking plasma gun either, but at least it's not a rectangle with a trigger. the plasma effect is pretty cool too. I had hoped for something looking like the original combat shotgun, because it looked sweet, but this one is sorta so so. The super sledge seems too complicated, and not very powerful, but I do like the new power fist, and the Shiskabab.

I really, really miss my gause rifle! I wish you could change firing modes on some of the weapons too. The assault rifles are sorta crappy, if you're close enough to do good damage, you're better off in melee, and you can't go single shot and snipe... If that could be changed, it would be one of the single best mods I could think of.

I really like the combat shotgun. The older one looks pretty advanced, while this one looks rather scavenged. Like it was cobbled together the way a lot of the weapons do. I think it's pretty neat.

I do agree that the lack of over-the-top guns is a little bumming. I think the Fat Man is cool, but the laser weapons are more functional than fantastic. And if there's anything I learned about 50s culture, it's that the future is always way more fantastic than functional. :thumbsup:

As a side note, that's one of the biggest reasons I love the alien blaster. It's too fragile to use for more than a few times without breaking, but it just looks so perfectly cheesy.

There's no need to remove the Fat Man. It's a very stupid weapon, yes - a Davy Crockett that doesn't have the range to let you get away from the initial pulse or the (admittedly minimal, but certainly nontrivial) fallout, and apparently doesn't have enough fission material to act like a proper tac-nuke? Even by the fantastical "Science!" aesthetic of Fallout, even this is a stretch. You want a bigger missile launcher, BUILD ONE, don't screw around with sub-kiloton suicide launchers.

So, the best way to correct it would be to change it into a tac-nuke launcher. One launch of it and you'll find out why the best thing to do it is turn it in to your local friendly Brotherhood of Steel armorer for bottle-caps or a less dangerous and more USEFUL Missile Launcher after you reload from dying horribly from being near ground-zero of a tac-nuke. Several thousands rads/second minimum, and a range that guarantees that everything dies for several hundred meters around, especially when the fusion bottles of all those junked cars cook off.

Remember, kids, playing with nuclear fire has consequences. Horrible, TPKing, glowing, burning consequences...

The fat man is a neat toy but as far as a weapon its junk. There is a mod that gives it a bigger boom but i have not tryed it yet.

As far as the adding the weapons from the REAL Fallout games is something that is realy needed to give it a Fallout feel.

Also upgrading weapons like in the older games will be needed as well and as most weapons are based on real world guns if it can hold a laser sight, scope, silencer, ect. are any combination of the items then the guns ingame should be as well.

Man I would love it if someone changed the models of the F3 guns back to their F1/2 depictions. The laser weapons in particular are so ugly in F3. Also I have been away from my precious friend, the .223 pistol, for so so long. I'm desperate for a happy reunion!

There's no need to remove the Fat Man. It's a very stupid weapon, yes - a Davy Crockett that doesn't have the range to let you get away from the initial pulse or the (admittedly minimal, but certainly nontrivial) fallout, and apparently doesn't have enough fission material to act like a proper tac-nuke? Even by the fantastical "Science!" aesthetic of Fallout, even this is a stretch. You want a bigger missile launcher, BUILD ONE, don't screw around with sub-kiloton suicide launchers.

So, the best way to correct it would be to change it into a tac-nuke launcher. One launch of it and you'll find out why the best thing to do it is turn it in to your local friendly Brotherhood of Steel armorer for bottle-caps or a less dangerous and more USEFUL Missile Launcher after you reload from dying horribly from being near ground-zero of a tac-nuke. Several thousands rads/second minimum, and a range that guarantees that everything dies for several hundred meters around, especially when the fusion bottles of all those junked cars cook off.

Remember, kids, playing with nuclear fire has consequences. Horrible, TPKing, glowing, burning consequences...

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=644

I agree that fallout 3 needs more weapons. I don't mind the Fat Man it's a fun crazy weapon, realistic? obviously not but it is still fun. The MIRV is even less realistic as it fires 8 mini nukes at once but it is still fun to destroy everybody in megaton at once! I think that the cars should not explode unless rigged to by the player or have been rigged by NPCs they should also explode if hit by enough explosions. I also think the game has a deficit of strange homebuilt weapons. As for the laser weapons, If a laser gun was invented in the 50s it would almost definitely look boxy and primitive.

Archived