jaysus

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my mesh to load in G.E.C.K.

It turned out i didn't copy correctly. :happy:

But now I'm at yet another problem :wallbash:

I've read dozens of tutorials step by step about getting collisions on exported 3ds max models to work, but i still can walk straight through my mesh!

Does anyone know how to add collision to a custom mesh and get it to work in gameplay?

EDIT: I've figured it out ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I wonder the way to edit clothes and armor model in nif has any difference between editing a weapon model? Just simply paste over the old nitristripsdata with the new, then save??

armor also needs to be rigged/skinned/bound to the bones of the skeleton system additionally to the main procedure... this provides it with the ability to move with the body... each vertex on a model needs to be adjusted in how it shall react to that movement...

there are links at the main tutorial's bottom...

and do additional google, youtoube or whatever searches on skinning/rigging and the name of your 3dprog

Speaking of the rigging\skinning part of the mesh. When you export a body\armor mesh, you also export the skeleton right?

So that means that theoretically you could move or stretch some of the bones around, and fallout would still interpret the right bones, and hence the animations would still work?

Has anyone tried such a thing before?