Fallout Modelling - Mini Tutorial

jaysus

just :

right click a nitristrip in the vanilla mesh -> copy branch -> righclick main node -> paste branch...

do as often as you need to get the right amount of nodes...

very nice, going to try it again, i knew at one time in oblivion i was using the nodes copy branches thing, but its really been a while, i`m very rusted

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after four days of working on it, I finally got a set of custom armor into the game. Thx to Jaysus' for his mini tutorial. I still need to rework the textures and such. I've noticed a problem though, the skin doesn't change its hue like skin should. So the skin on the hands and head are a different color than the parts I pasted in. Is there a flag or something that I need to set manually? When I copied the mesh data over I used a node that was originally skin, so I hoped that would take care of it. Anyone know some voodoo to fix this problem? Thx.

regarding the skin colour problem growlf and malo are the only ones i know of that actually worked on it and got it to run more or less... i cant tell you the solution sadly only point you to them ;) but it was some flag or somin you had to change if i remember right...

could someone have a view on this?

minigun.zip

it´s just a small disaligned try from me. i wanted to exchange the miniguns barrel with another model.the copy branch option does not work for me, every try nifscope says when i try to insert the copied item that the version differs (whyever it does that). so i imported the objet directly over the old barrel. it´s looking fine in nifscope and the position is already fixed too, but if i try to load it into geck or f3 itself i just crash back to desktop.

well, would be nice if someone could have a look at it and brighten my view what the heck i´m doing wrong :wallbash:

would you plz read the tutorial again... you dont copy any branches... just single nodes...

the error message that versions differ is pointles just ignore it

changing scale and rotation in nifskope leads to ctds

jaysus thx u very much, got it working as u said, wasn`t sure where to copy past the more then one mesh, some model works good , but others it doesn`t , not sure why, prob

exporting to nif from a custum mesh, as i can copy past fo3 and others here and there with more then one mesh, but went to far and tried a hard mesh, works good on smaller mesh hehe

so thx u very much, u were a big help :)

i think i found it out now. made a 3 barreled minigun today with some small retexturing at the barrels and so on.

now that i got this right i´ve implented as a replacement for the unique eugene minigun. slower rate of fire, but more precise and more damage (actually too much)...

but i´m wondering if i shall release this first....test? :E

I'm having some problems pasting over my own mesh-I export an obj from 3ds max and then I import it and convert it to NiTriStrips, but everytime I try to paste it over i get an window saying:
"array "Extra Data List" much too large. 1852138323 bytes requested"

Any ideas?

I also get a warning saying that the mesh (or something) is a different version

I get the same error any way to fix it?