How can I ask for a mod?

fRikimaru1974

Hi. I recently discovered this site, and I don't really kown how it works. I have used the google search for some Fallout mods, and everytime I ended up here.

But I don't know how to contact with the people that made these mods, or what I have to do in order to ask or suggest a mod.

I've been searching for a way to remove some things from the Fallout 4 hud, I found some mods but there are a few things I don't know how to do. The only important thing I would like to do now is remove the red grenade marker, but I can't find an easy way to do it. (I just don't know how to use the complicated hud mods, I just used some ones that the only thing I have to do is change some file from the data folder and such.)

Also, I hate the floating markers deeply, in Fallout 4 you can deactivate them from the game's menu, but in other games, like Batman Arkham Knight you can't, I would like to know how can I ask for that to some mod developer.

And just a little final thing. I hate too even more the orange glow for the EX moves in SFIV and SFV, but doesn't seem to exist any mod for this. Is there a way to create a mod for just getting rid of the hideous orange glow?

Thanks and please forgive me if this is not the place for these questions, I'm not used to this forum yet.

Each game has a separate forum associated with it. You can see all the supported games on this page. Many popular games have multiple sub-forums, and often you'll find one named <GameName> Mod Requests. That is the best place to request a mod that you can't find for a particular game.

If you are having trouble with something related to a mod you are trying to install the mod comments (found on the tab named Posts on the mod's Nexus Mods page) is a good starting point ... you are probably not the first to run into trouble. If you don't find your answer there you can also look in the game's specific forum (from the list linked above) and see whether or not anyone has asked the same question and if their answers work for you. If all that fails start a new topic in the game's forum page outlining your problem and what you've tried yourself ... include as much information as you're able to (game version, whether or not you have script extenders installed, what other mods you are running etc).

We all started out from the same place, knowing little or nothing about installing mods and overwhelmed by the jargon and acronyms. Remember the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Heyas fRikimaru- As a resident of the Fo4 forums, definitely come by to visit us.

We're not as active as some of the other game's sections are, but we do have a few, active, knowledgeable people there. Who like to help each other out.

Mod talk section, https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/3505-fallout-4-mod-talk/ would probably be a good place to ask about the mods that you're looking for.

The one thing that I will go ahead and mention tho, is that some of what you are wanting to mod are HUD related items. Such mods usually all use a type of file called SWF or Shockwave flash file. These files are not cross compatible with each other, if the files are of the same name. Meaning, that if two or more mods use the same file, they are not compatible with each other.

A new file has to be made, or a patch file, that includes the information for both mods, in order for them to work together.

But yeah! Come by and see us! It's a great place to come and learn some stuff! :)