A weapon with attitude

sirknimrac

Something i would be interested in seeing, is a sentient weapon. One that can interact to some level with the player, and or environment to a certain degree. Maybe also randomly morph into various types of weapons.

If you have ever read the amber series, then you probably get what i am talking about.

Sirk

Heh, sounds like a Daemon Sword from the Warhammer/Warhammer 40k universe! Awesomeness!

Totally doable with scripting. I might just have a go at this tomorrow... I don't have any unique models though... And don't ask me to make them either lol

I think that something like this could be amazing. Perhaps it could be a Daedric Sword whose spirit retains it's sentience when sealed within the blade? This way there would be a valid excuse for it to have an old model and it's at least partially lore friendly. :)

If you have ever read the amber series, then you probably get what i am talking about.

I've read the Amber series, but I don't remember any sentient weapons. Though I only read the original books, not the later ones with Corwin's son as the protagonist. Which book are you referencing?

I have been running some ideas through my head, and how to pull said ideas off.

For example, I could make it perform a kill move now and again and have the sound of evil laughter (or whatever) play at the same time, with some screen effects. This of course would randomly happen, even times when you don't want it to - but that's partly the point, it's a sentient weapon after all, possessed by some crazy daemon lol

Another thing I could do is have it talk now and again, but that almost feels cliché...

Also, how about it starts to progressively damage your stats if you don't kill anything for a while, then boosts them if you kill several enemies in a short time? This could represent the weapon's bloodlust.

Like I say, I'm pretty certain I could do all the scripting for this, I just have zero knowledge of making 3d models.