Any good sci-fi games?

UgTheViking

Hey there-

I was just curious what people might reccomend as a good , moddable sci-fi game? Is there anything kind of like 'Battlestar Galactica' ? Something along those lines? But not a basic shoot-'em-up. Done like Skyrim with almost endless options and a wide variety of awesome mods?

-Thanks.

Ummm... not really. The closest I think is the Fallout Series, mainly New Vegas and 3, but those are a different kind of Sci-Fi from what you're talking about.

The Mass Effect series is pretty good, but it's not really like Skyrim, or modable. It's got good story though.

I would love to see something that's open world like Skyrim and completely moddable that's sci-fi :D Sadly, there aren't any that I know of.

Now that I think of it, there's not many good sci-fi games in general (didn't like Mass Effect at all). Battlestar Galactica Online is kinda fun...but it's one of those "pay to win" type games. Plus, the controls are pretty clunky because it's browser based.

If you like RTS games, Sins of a Solar Empire is a good sci-fi one.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. There needs to be more more good sci-fi stuff. Not all this cyberpunk, steampunk, post apocalyptic stuff...we need more space travel, awesome spaceships, and exploration :D

Wow. Star Citizen looks like it could be pretty intense. Though it seemed like it t might be lacking in character development.. I like a game where you can really personalize a character and role play. But that's me. 8)

It's an extremely ambitious project as-is. Hopefully he will deliver :biggrin:

Mass Effect (series) is awesome, but it's almost impossible to mod and it's simply impossible to mod anything complex.

There aren't many new scifi titles though, mostly modernist shooters.

star citizen is making my nerd juices flow o.O

holy cow is that a good looking game!....totally cannot wait to play it, fingers crossed they deliver on what they claim they will :)

i was actually a little excited on the game that was showcased here, Divine Space. the whole part about completely customizing your ships seemed really interesting to me. but it doesnt look like its going to make its goal. plus i think they said it was a tablet/mobile phone game with chance to go to the OUYA (a console kickstarter project that passed with a few million dollars over their goal) and only a possibility of ever coming to the PC...still seemed kind of interesting if it ever were on the PC (as i dont play games on phones and dont (atm) plan on getting an OUYA, though that in itself has intrigued me, and i did pledge a small amount to that, but now im going off topic and making a really long parenthesis side note)

lol