FPS-like aiming

DrunknJester

I would really like to see the "drift" gone from when you turn. Although I find it hard to explain, i'll do as best as I can. I am referring to the way the aiming is not "true"... it slows down to a stop rather than stopping the instant i stop my mouse. This is not a large amount, but when I play with an xbox360 controller on my PC it is enough to drive me up the wall. I bought fallout two or 3 days after it came out and I have not played it for about two weeks because of this one reason. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

this is being caused by the way the engin calculates the projectile. it actually calculates it comming out of the barrel of the gun, however they did not take the time to actualy consider lining the barrel up with the center, so they added the auto aim. basically what is happening is the animations "moving" the weapon as you turn and the barrel moves with it.

its a real asinine way to develop a first person shooter. bit in reality its supposed to be an RPG so no one cares. :(

in essence, fixing it would require fixing animations, and we cant do that yet.

No its not the way the animations work or anything, the actual aim, as in where the crosshairs point. I dont have any qualms with animations or the way the guns look, only with the weird way the game handles mouse control. It also has nothing to do with where the bullet "leaves" the gun.

Let me explain it this way: If instead of crosshairs there were a mouse cursor, instead of the mouse moving 100 px when you told it to move 100px, it would move 105px, with the last 5px added as a "slowing down" effect.... if anyone else knows what I'm trying to say and can explain this better please help me out...

Edit2: BTW, this is not a mouse sensitivity issue either. I play many FPS and RPG's alike, and I have never really encountered this issue.

Turning down the graphics helps a little, but not enough. I realize now my description is not accurate, as I haven't played in a long time. Now that i've gotten around to it again its different than i remember. It seems more of a lag than anything. Its extremely disorienting having moved your mouse but see it happen 1/5th of a second later....

Archived