ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Sanctuary Workshop Disappeared...

Jambo11

Like the title says, the workshop in Sanctuary disappeared. I've no idea why, though I suspect one the mods I'm running is the culprit.

Anyway, I spawned a new one, resolved the "clear enemies' bug (used "SetPapyrusVar OwnedByPlayer 1"), but it doesn't have the same options as before.

It just says, "E) SEARCH EMPTY." There's no "E) WORKSHOP R)TRANSFER," like there was before.

Is there any way to fix that?

Edited to add:

Never mind.

The problem seemed to have solved itself when I captured the workshop at Outpost Zimbabwe.

Edited by Jambo11

Your issue is database related. All items that are in the workshop from the other one are tied to it. Now granted I don't know everything about the workshops, but I do know there are mods to help move them, so there are a few involved solutions.

1. Move to where the workbench should be and move it by asset number there (this is a process but that workbench number should be known.

2. The other option and this will also be a lot of work is edit the save file so that the new workbench is linked to the old ones item list. Now since these workbench share inventory you may be able to head over to Red Rocket nearby, set up a container and pull all the items out of the bench and toss them into that container to get things moved. Since Sanctuary is your first settlement I'm not sure how the workshop list is set up, but there are a set number of those, though there are mods that will add settlements with a little work (the excavation mod that needs enabled after the Pull The Plug mission is a good one for that as an example).

Your issue is database related. All items that are in the workshop from the other one are tied to it. Now granted I don't know everything about the workshops, but I do know there are mods to help move them, so there are a few involved solutions.

1. Move to where the workbench should be and move it by asset number there (this is a process but that workbench number should be known.

2. The other option and this will also be a lot of work is edit the save file so that the new workbench is linked to the old ones item list. Now since these workbench share inventory you may be able to head over to Red Rocket nearby, set up a container and pull all the items out of the bench and toss them into that container to get things moved. Since Sanctuary is your first settlement I'm not sure how the workshop list is set up, but there are a set number of those, though there are mods that will add settlements with a little work (the excavation mod that needs enabled after the Pull The Plug mission is a good one for that as an example).

I didn't think it was possible to edit save files?

• 4 months later...

I just had this happen to Sanctuary. I was over 48 hours into this play through and I lost the sanctuary workshop. I went back at least 5 hours worth of saves but couldn't pin point where the problem occurred. I tried getting a new settlement (picked up Finch Farm) like the OP, but that didn't fix the issue. I've decided to go back and start over, something I'm actually pretty good at (starting over that is). if someone figures out why this is happening, I would love to know. I have the latest (as of 5/16) versions of Sim Settlements 3 in 1, the new canary mod, and the latest UFO4 patch.

Thanks everyone.

Jen