If your bored - Tie a string around a fly and watch it Buzz around

nofear88

Tie a string around the head of a fly if you manage to catch one and let it buzz away but you hold onto the string so in effect you have a fly on a leash!

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens14917281module130070571photo_1295591411RopedFlyHeartCr.jpg

How to do it:

1. Catch a big sized fly (hover flies are the easiest ones to catch as they are slow to react and they are big buggers also and they hover!)

2. Put the fly in a fridge to "knock" it out (apparently most flies go dormant in cold temps.)

3. Wait a few mins, in this time best find a good string or thread.

4. Take the fly out the fridge after say 2-3 minutes - anylonger and it is bound to kill the fly.

5. Make a loop with the string - much like the loop seen in a pretzel, thats the closest diagram I can think of.

6. Slowly thread it around the neck of the fly (its the small part between the big bulbous eyes and the mid part of the fly where the wings and legs are)

7. Slowly close the loop and be careful not to make it too tiht incase you may sufforcate the fly or slice it's head off.

8. Once the fly has become active again - give it a test run in say a confined contiainer to see it can fly with the string losed around it's neck and that it does not interfear with th flying.

9. Go into a large room and set loose your new found pet! - if your feeling real dearing - take it outside! Let loose and run wild with your fly or perhaps take it for a walk around the block and mingle with the other flies but this time it will stay put! Mingle around the nearest dog turd and show off your new fly to his friends but take care to show him who's boss!

10 (optional) Let him go at the end of your fun time or easily fling him onto the nearest spider's web and see if you can use it as a lure to catch a big enough spider! You could then in theory try to put a lease around that spider and take it on a marry walk and scare the local old biddies c:

It "may" be a cruel thing but most spieces of fly are considered pests for carrying dieses so you may as well have fun whist performing pest control.

Note: Wash your hands extensively afterwards.

hmmm i fancy trying this, maybe i can catch a few thousand and build myself some form of fly powered flying machine :D

finally i can have revenge :D

http://global3.memecdn.com/troll-fly_o_163759.jpg

You start with a pet fly, move up to a spider, than a bird, a cat, and by the end of the day you end up with a horse on a string :laugh: . Using Skyrim logic you can use that horse to scale the steepest of mountains. It is an endless adventure starting with a fly!