Can you believe...

acidzebra

...I've been playing skyrim for ages but only just now found Kagrenzel?

Same here - I thought that after beating the game three times, there's nothing new out there for me and then I stumbled upon Kagrenzel. Great place. You know, maybe Skyrim has its flaws, but I think it's details and places like that which make it a truly great game, certainly worth of coming back to it more than once.

I just did the Frostflow Lighthouse muders a few hours ago...I'd passed by the lighthouse early on but never entered...now at over 400 hours I decided to look inside. The whole thing didn't win any sympathy points for the plight of the Falmer or their insect allies...I was more than happy to do a bit of exterminating in the basement tunnels. I wish I could have reunited the family afterward by placing the bodies in their beds.

Have you by chance thrown that poor man's remains into the lighthouse fire?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an amazing bit of good fortune which ended up in me completing a quest that I have never really come across before. Having done the Main Quest, I have never noticed before that

Malborn ends up in the new Gnisis Corner Club in Windhelm,

but I did this time and he gave me a quest to find the Thalmor Assassin who was after him. Some time later, my bad little Morgana having decided to join the Volkihar vampire side, she arrived outside Windhelm, en route to do one of the radiant quests, in the middle of a howling blizzard (I have CoT). Feeling peckish and sneaking around taking advantage of the weather, between the stables and that farm (???Brandy Mug???) she snuck up behind a Khajiit who was stupid enough to be acting casual when there was a bad vampire girl about. Bit him and killed him..and got a quest update and the very grateful thanks of Malborn.

[Have you by chance thrown that poor man's remains into the lighthouse fire?

I did place his remains in the lighthouse fire as he wanted...I always read everything and keep the journals so the fate of people isn't just forgotten. I don't know if I'm weird like that but its kind of important to me that people are remembered and their journals kept safe.

I had an amazing bit of good fortune which ended up in me completing a quest that I have never really come across before. Having done the Main Quest, I have never noticed before that

Malborn ends up in the new Gnisis Corner Club in Windhelm,

but I did this time and he gave me a quest to find the Thalmor Assassin who was after him. Some time later, my bad little Morgana having decided to join the Volkihar vampire side, she arrived outside Windhelm, en route to do one of the radiant quests, in the middle of a howling blizzard (I have CoT). Feeling peckish and sneaking around taking advantage of the weather, between the stables and that farm (???Brandy Mug???) she snuck up behind a Khajiit who was stupid enough to be acting casual when there was a bad vampire girl about. Bit him and killed him..and got a quest update and the very grateful thanks of Malborn.

Thanks for the tip, ginnyfizz. I've never stumbled upon that quest.

I did place his remains in the lighthouse fire as he wanted...I always read everything and keep the journals so the fate of people isn't just forgotten. I don't know if I'm weird like that but its kind of important to me that people are remembered and their journals kept safe.

I do the same thing; to me it's like a homage or a tribute to all those dead people. So if that's weird, then there's two of us weirdos ;)

Edited by Inquart

To chime in again about the (very cool) topic generally and Arcwind Point particularly: what a cool little bonus it is, after hundreds of hours and thinking that your char has discovered everything (often a few times over) to stumble upon a new location.

Especially something like ginnyfizz mentioned (it actually took me a while to stumble onto that scenario now that I think of it) or, in the case of what I mentioned above, Arcwind Point. I also have a dragon-buff mod (Mighty Dragons - LUV it!) and, wow, it was so cool to sneakily perch on the upper, rather scenic, ledge and watch the dragon fight with the Draugr below... until I realized I was under attack by the Draugr Deathlord who hangs out nearby. Mr. Buffed Dragon spotted me when I had to fight Mr. Deathlord and, crikey, all hell broke loose. Short-lived sigh of relief when it was all over, or so I thought. I soon ran into Buffed Dragon Priest and, then, more Deathlords. Especially at level 81, it was very cool to have to actually think about living and dying again after steamrolling enemies for so long.

Good times, good times...

I also had no idea that turning Vampire Lord in the middle of a bunch of Thalmor Justiciars made them squeal and run like scared rabbits. They were slaughtered like rabbits too....bwahahaha. I shall certainly be trying that one again. My Morgana may be a vampire, but she is nevertheless sworn to protect her friend Malborn and hates the Thalmor with a vengeance.

I only just found out about The Chill about a week ago. After a full year of playing the game through several different characters, I never knew that was up there, and I panicked a little when I was ambushed by the three ice atronachs on the way out.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, I'm almost positive there's some stuff I never found in Oblivion, and I know for a fact I didn't find everything in Morrowind.

I have about 360 hours in Skyrim, and to be honest, I have no idea about maybe half of the places you're talking about.

Interesting fact related to this. I heard a rumor a while back that the foxes and peaceful animals are programmed to take you to new places if you chase them. Can't verify it.

As for points that took me really long to find... probably Embershard Mine. The one that's like, only a little ways off the path from Helgen/Riverwood and the Guardian Stones. I think I discovered it only on my third or fourth playthrough.

Edited by AnubisRaven