New Awesome Castle

inggrish

Eden Castle Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best feature in A castle?

• Secret passages or areas
    • Grand upperclass furniture
    • Custom models
    • Roof access
    • Quest
    • Lore
    • Huge armories!!! :P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second anyone who asks for secret passages. If you want your castle to stand out, Location is also key. Is there a beautiful and unique view offered by the castle? I don't know if you would want to add a quest to add depth to the setting? Especialy one that is not 100% green arrow but makes the player search around and think atleast a little.

Just some suggestions, looks great!

A little question...are you using new meshes ? created by you ,I mean ?

------

Alex

I unfortunately am not skilled in making meshes or textures, or indeed to do anything to do with 3d models like that unfortunately, and am instead using custom meshes made by others. I want to leanr how to make meshes though, it would be awesome.

Looking good there! My only gripe I can see so far is all the glass swords in the armory, don't much care for that. Maybe more iron/steel swords, but hey that's just me, and it's your mod!

As for a few ideas (I know some of these have been mentioned):

Tell a story with your castle. It doesn't matter if it's through notes, books, journals, dialogue or even a few rooms with skeletons and blood splattered all over the walls and floor. Give us something interesting. Is the castle abandoned when the player finds it? Cool, but WHY was it abandoned? Was every murdered, or is there some mystery as to why everyone suddenly disappeared?

Secret passages: No castle is complete without these. Maybe a passage leading from the dining room to the lord's bedchamber, or from servant's quarters to the kitchen. Perhaps even a secret passage in the lord's bedchamber leading outside of the castle walls incase he needs to make a getaway?

Clutter. Lots of house mods have big, ugly open spaces. It looks like you've handled this already pretty well, but just emphasizing on it. Nothing is more annoying when you walk into a GIANT room and there's nothing more in there than a table and a couple chairs... add some stuff to your rooms like rugs, paintings, statues, furniture, suits of armor, whatever. But, don't make it SO bad that you can't walk two feet without bumping into something either.

Archived